ECX TORMENT 1/18 running issues

Dieselgat

I recently decided to rebuild my old ECX torment 1/18 scale, bought it back in 2016. I purchased a new ESC/Receiver (SRX210 FHSS 2-Channel Receiver and ESC), battery and a Spektrum STX3 remote. The rest of the electronics are the original electronics, such as the motor and servo. However, once I connected the new ESC/Receiver and bind the new STX3 remote. The response on the car is very delayed. I hold the throttle and it does not respond right away and when it does, its delayed on its brakes and also the servo is also delayed in its response. i am not sure what to do now.

I recently decided to rebuild my old ECX torment 1/18 scale, bought it back in 2016. I purchased a new ESC/Receiver (SRX210 FHSS 2-Channel Receiver and ESC), battery and a Spektrum STX3 remote. The rest of the electronics are the original electronics, such as the motor and servo. However, once I connected the new ESC/Receiver and bind the new STX3 remote. The response on the car is very delayed. I hold the throttle and it does not respond right away and when it does, its delayed on its brakes and also the servo is also delayed in its response. i am not sure what to do now.

I know you probably don't want to hear this but this is a common problem with the STX2 and STX3 radio. Unfortunately not much can be done to fix it other than replacing the esc, receiver and transmitter with either the older style esc/rx combo unit and older style remote or by buying a separate esc, receiver and transmitter. Just do a Google search for STX2 or STX3 radio review. They are literally only good as paper weights.

Seriously this is a video on how to "fix" the STX2 radio

If you can try to return everything you bought and buy this instead.

Hobbywing Quicrun 1625 https://www.amazon.com/HobbyWing-QuicRun-Brushed-Waterproof-QUICRUN-WP-1625-BRUSHED/dp/B00JP1PNPM
DUMBORC 2.4ghz radio https://www.amazon.com/DUMBORC-X6-T...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0J5WTYNWJYBN22JRQHJ5

I have read quite a few favoring reviews about the DumboRC radio systems.
Specifically the responsiveness' and the range, they evidently have crazy range on them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back