ECX Torment Throttle Not Working

Zlaidroc

My ECX torment throttle isnt working, my steering is but not my throttle, when i was running it, it worked fine for 5 minutes then it just died, it was on a newly charged battery too.

My ECX torment throttle isnt working, my steering is but not my throttle, when i was running it, it worked fine for 5 minutes then it just died, it was on a newly charged battery too.

recharge the battery and repeat to ensure it's not a bad cell or an old battery not holding a great charge. measure the voltage between the two terminals of the motor while depressing the throttle. this will help isolate motor vs ESC problem. Clearly the transmitter and receiver are working. check that the ESC plug is fully seated into the receiver

recharge the battery and repeat to ensure it's not a bad cell or an old battery not holding a great charge. measure the voltage between the two terminals of the motor while depressing the throttle. this will help isolate motor vs ESC problem. Clearly the transmitter and receiver are working. check that the ESC plug is fully seated into the receiver
well im sure its not the battery because i only got the ecx torment and battery 1 week ago, i checked the receiver for the ESC plug, but im not sure how to check the voltage

What type of charger do you have, does it have the capability to show you the voltage of the battery pack?
Going out on a limb here, it probably isn't your battery pack, could be either the motor has died, or the ESC has died, at least on the throttle side of it.
I think what 95PGTTech was trying to say is if you can test voltage between the ESC and motor, when you give it throttle you should see a voltage spike of some value, that may eliminate the ESC as being bad.
Or you could apply a small amount of voltage across the motor and if it spins, then it's your ESC at fault. Or just bite the bullet and get a new ESC motor combo.

I'm guessing that your motor is shot, these brushed motors were barely adequate for 2wd buggies let alone a 1/10th scale monster trucks and they are made out of cheap materials so they are notorious for burning up rather quickly. Remove the motor from the truck, then connect ihe motor leads directly to the battery. If it spins than we can rule out the motor as the problem.

well im sure its not the battery because i only got the ecx torment and battery 1 week ago, i checked the receiver for the ESC plug, but im not sure how to check the voltage

digital voltmeter. cheap electronics diagnostic tool. place the tester on dc volts and leads on positive and negative terminals of battery. this will give you its voltage. now turn on esc and measure same value at motor. should read zero. depress throttle trigger, should give a voltage value. if the battery measures good and voltage isn't getting to the motor, the ESC is the problem. if voltage is getting to the motor and still no go, motor is the problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Back