Electronics that are affordable...

kruzracing169

I am part of quite a few of forums and groups. Everyone asks the same question, is this a good combo? I figured I would list an feedback section of just general electronics brands, not specific for any RC per se', that are out there. From your high ends down to your budget builders pricing. Please post comments and your feedback too.

What you have to keep in mind, now days how technology is, you get what you pay for. I am not going to push an specific brand, I am very open minded and like to use something that is worth the money.

GoolRC, I have used and they are very cheap feeling and built. They work and is great for a beginner.

Hobbystar, another cheaper brand, but on that level of an high end feel, not built cheaper and great for a budget build.

SkyRC, same answer as above with Hobbystar electronics. SkyRC is offering laptop programming with their ESCs.

Trackstar, they are solid, on the same level as Hobbystar, SkyRC. I just have not had good luck with their programming of ESCs. Customer support is strictly online live chatting.

Hobbywing makes great high end combos. Great support and every Local Hobby Shop carries the brand.

TEKIN is for that Competitive, grabbing the extra edge, and pocket book. LOL. Now your moving to the high end, more expensive pricing. Great customer service, awesome!

Red Racing USA, same as TEKIN above.

All my input at the moment.

*****BIG note for the noob, you can mix and match ESC with motor. (Brushed to brushed, brushless to brushless, etc...) Don't think you are locked into one brand working together.

Last edited:
I have currently been using Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2 ESC in my nephew's 1/8th scale truggy.

Castle Creations electronics seem solid. I have purchased the PC programmer to make some nice adjustments. Throttle curve and braking curve.
I do not like the sensored option on their Mamba X, why is there an converter plug.

They offer an buy back program and only 1 year warranty.

*****Hobbywing follow up******

I recently had to utilize their buy-back program on the XR8 Plus ESC. $90 you pay to send in old ESC and receive brand-new ESC replacement.
Also, they have an 2-year warranty on electronics.

Members online

No members online now.
Back