ESC Mounting

RcBrandon

Hi everyone, I bought the ECX Torment 4x4 a couple days ago and decided to go brushless. Problem I’m having is the ESC didn’t come with any mounting bracket. Now I’ve tried double sided tape and whatnot and it will not stay put. What can I do to fix this and make the ESC stay permanently in its place without it coming loose?

I think double-sided tape should work--had it on cars for years and it's still on! Thing is you have the get the real RC tape not office stuff. It costs more but works! Unless you used the good stuff and it came off?? Clean all areas to be taped with Windex or alcohol and let it dry Or maybe your ESC is getting too hot and melting the tape = use a higher gear ratio.

I also use double sided tape, the thick kind which is like a layer of foam of .5mm. The flat kind doesn't really stick well to the plastic because it's too coarse.

Clean both sides to be taped with alcohol. It dries quickly and leaves no residue. I’ve had really good luck with double sided Gorilla tape. I use it on all sorts of rc’s.

Try using the clear adheasive gel by gorilla tape it’s $6 and easy to find at home improvement stores and hardware stores. Sometimes it’s a pain to get on but if used corectly you could throw your car off a cliff and the gel will keep holding:)

It’s still removeable just stick a screwdriver under it and peal it off. It makes good rubber bands to shoot at people at the track.

I use adhesive Velcro and I cut it so it covers the entire surface of the ESC. Then I wrap a thin zip-tie as insurance to keep it secure in the event of a high-speed wreck. The Velcro stops it from sliding around and the zip-tie keeps the Velcro mated. I use a small, hot screwdriver to make holes/slots just big enough to fit the zip-tie through the chassis, if need be.

As previously mentioned, clean both mating surfaces well, allow to dry, then clean it again. Once you’re absolutely sure it’s void of all dirt and oils clean it 1 more time and then slap it together.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back