ESC, Transmitter, Receiver options ECX Amp?

Tat2dFr3ak

So heres my question since i have limited funds currently ( buying a house ) what are some of my options for an ESC / Transmitter / Receiver for my Amp and its 20t motor i have looked around ebay and a lot of this is greek to me.

Only reason i want to stick with the 20t motor is because i want to avoid ( from what i have read ) regearing the trans for a larger motor

First, the Spektrum+DX2E is a good radio for US$60 (Price depending on where you buy it) and it comes with the SR310 3-channel receiver. There are many good inexpensive brushed motor ESCs out there (brushless and brushed motors require different ESCs) and you can expect to pay US$30-$40 for one. The Dynamite DYNS2210 is a good one (came in my ECX Boost) and is US$45.

I agree with i_r_beej the spectrum is a great transmitter/receiver for the price. For another option I just picked up a Tactic TTX300 3 channel radio for my sons amp db, the thing I like about it is it has an internal antenna (good or bad I don't know). The range is great and no chance of him breaking the antenna so good in my books. I paid $50 cdn

I have the flysky gt3c from eBay ($46) and it is great. Rechargeable lipo battery, all sorts of adjustments, model memory (I think the spektrum dx2e doesn't have this), more range than I could test.

Anyone know of any of these cheaper Flysky receivers are waterproof? Thinking of getting one for the amp

FS-GR3E is not waterproof, I had to let it dry out on the dashboard once before it would work again...

Anyone know of any of these cheaper Flysky receivers are waterproof? Thinking of getting one for the amp

Flysky receivers are easy to waterproof remove the screws off the back get a tube of Liquid Nails Clear Seal sealant at Walmart (or wherever) coat the circuit board except the pins of course. Did some receivers and escs with the stuff works pretty well. Ran my Ruckus in the rain for about 15 minutes with the body off after I waterproofed the esc and Flysky receiver and everything still works. Conformal coating would be better though.

SAM_0534 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
That is what I am going to do in a couple of days! I’m buying a $30 Flysky receiver, thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Back