First RC car

Preston09

So this is my first RC car and I bought it for my son who is 12. I was enjoying it the first day we got it for him but after about 20 minutes the motor started smoking. We have the 2wd brushed motor. The new motor they sent us is coming today. We ran it with a 4800 Nimh battery or whatever. I am looking to eventually upgrade but for now I really just want to put a cooling fan on it. Suggestions?

So this is my first RC car and I bought it for my son who is 12. I was enjoying it the first day we got it for him but after about 20 minutes the motor started smoking. We have the 2wd brushed motor. The new motor they sent us is coming today. We ran it with a 4800 Nimh battery or whatever. I am looking to eventually upgrade but for now I really just want to put a cooling fan on it. Suggestions?
Yep... I’ve got a few of these (for my kids).. and the ruckus is a ruckus!! very fun! I’m in process of fixing same issue.. seems everyone eventually does same just differently.. like with most complex mechanics changing one of the many subtle differences may have some unintended effects in other places.. I’ll be back here to see what recommendations are made.. recently I was explained my battery may be to heavy.. Originally I was sold some big 2s lipo from someone who didn’t know the ecx ruckus..
and .. now there considered... rollers!! I don’t want to change out everything either... just keep them running!! For a good long time(that’s why I got the bigger batteries!) your off to a good start!! Keep researching! .. the pros will likely provide you with some feedback to work with.. not me! Sorry. I’m still doing my own.

Members online

No members online now.
Back