First Upgrades?

Steelheader09

I just got my Temper Gen2. I'm already unimpressed with the stock charger. What is a good replacement? Should I just switch to lipo? If so what do I need for that?
Thanks in advance

I don't know about switching to LiPo-- first having some weight in the car is good and a lipo will be lighter than the stock NiMh battery. I don't know for sure but the stock ESC might not be "compatible" with LiPo batteries, meaning that you'll need to install a "low voltage alarm" to let you know when the LiPo battery is getting low in charge. You DO NOT want to run a LiPo down as that will permanently damage the battery.

As for a good charger, I use HiTEC chargers. I have an older X2 AC plus, X2 AC Plus Black edition, and an RDX1. They work really well and HiTEC's warranty service is excellent! They even serviced my old X2 AC plus free of charge when it blew a transformer.

As I tell most folk on this site looking for equipment recommendations, give a thought to service after the sale. If you're comfortable making a repair yourself or just absorbing the cost of an early failure then find the least expensive item that will do the job. Otherwise I recommend buying from a company with a good service reputation (such as Horizon Hobby, HiTEC, etc)

Members online

No members online now.
Back