Front hinge pin holder

Stirfry

Hey all I’ve had my amp for almost a month now and have had fun bashing the hell out of it. I keep breaking my front bulkhead and had recently bought a tbone front bumper to help with some of the collisions, however the front little piece that holds the front hinge pins in place has a chip in it now and I’m afraid it won’t hold the hinge pins as well. Does anyone have this part number I can’t seem to find it and it’s not in the hinge pin set or the front suspension mount set.

Feel like making another and selling? :)
Oh man, I was just winging it and using woodworking tools. I’m sure a machine shop could whip these out if you took them a plastic blank. I’m still trying to find time to make 2 more for our other trucks. They work though. My son hit something so hard at the track Saturday with my truck that the A arm broke, but left the bulkhead intact. We broke 3 bulkheads before this mod.

I’ve been through 3 so I made one with aluminum. Problem solved. View attachment 2816View attachment 2817

Way to go Jeb, that's what its all about, sit back, think, ?, bingo, make it yourself. I'm a retired machinist and make all my own simple upgrades, some by hand using aluminum and a file. CNC machining is good but to be a real machinist it's manual machining, doing all your own designs and set-ups. Proud of you man, you thought it out designed it and made it. You know this is becoming a lost art!! Keep it up..

Way to go Jeb, that's what its all about, sit back, think, ?, bingo, make it yourself. I'm a retired machinist and make all my own simple upgrades, some by hand using aluminum and a file. CNC machining is good but to be a real machinist it's manual machining, doing all your own designs and set-ups. Proud of you man, you thought it out designed it and made it. You know this is becoming a lost art!! Keep it up..
Thanks, I’m a carpenter/cabinate maker by trade and aluminum is soft enough to use some of my woodworking tools on. It’s fun, and you get to sport hardware you made yourself. I once raced 3 races with an Ash hardwood hinge pin mount on my 4x4 tekno sct. The original block broke and the replacement part was on back order. It was a good conversation starter and it survived. I keep it in my pit box as a spare now.

Here's just a few of my simple upgrades, some made by hand and by machine. Bash bumpers, aluminum body lift, motor cooling , ect.
Your trade is becoming a dying art also, at least here in California. Keep up the good work Jeb..

20180203_201539.jpg 20180203_201034.jpg 20180129_185220.jpg 20180203_201143.jpg 20180129_184421.jpg 20180203_201442.jpg

Attachments

• 20180203_201539.jpg
    20180203_201539.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 1
That’s awesome man, life in North East Vermont is a little slower than the rest of the country and that’s why I love it. That by no means is a lazy statement. We work hard and feel good about it. I still get to build houses start to finish with my hands in every aspect of construction. Most places don’t allow that anymore, but it keeps me interested. It’s a hard place, but it builds character and I couldn’t think of a better place to raise my son. We are lucky and tired, but it’s a good tired. RC’s are a positive creative outlet and it keeps me young and inspired. I couldn’t ask for more.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back