Fun time during my day off!

VonDave

Hey guys!
I had a day off, so I decided to have a fun day with my oldest son. We took our Ruckusses, Torments and Circuits out for a blast. It took a while to charge all the batteries because I have no hobby grade charger, or else the AMP DB and Boost would've come along as well...
We had tons of fun, but my Ruckus was the first to break down; the spur is now toothless, lol! My steel spur gears still haven't come in, so I had to drive with the plastic one...
A bit of a shame, because the new ESC's did come in, and they were awesome.
The Ruckus was ballistic as usual, albeit for a total of 2 minutes or so....
Then my Circuit decided to have a fit: the -steel- idler wheel lost a couple of teeth. A first for me.
So my Torment (stock brushless version) was the only car left for me. Ran 3 full 2s packs in it; the motor was warm, but never hot. It wasn't the warmest of days, so that did help I guess. But even on 2s the Torment gave the impression that It could do with a wheelie bar as well. I may just end up putting it on our Torments, because the rear fenders don't like all the scraping on tarmac.
My son was happy with how the wheelie bar aided in the handling of his Ruckus, and the same for his Circuit.
It was funny to see how he was taking care of the Torment and Ruckus during their drive, but how hard he was on his Circuit! That has the ( in my mind rare) red and black body (new) and the MT wheels that were on my Ruckus. He was constantly jumping and trying to lap a "track" as fast as he could... on 3s.
I never thought I would let my son use -my- 3s lipo in any of his cars because he's only still 6 years old (nearly 7) and the cars are quite big and bulky. So having my son evading an out of control car that could easily hurt him when at full speed wasn't something I was looking forward to.
But he has shown how well he can handle the cars, especially today; all his cars were still intact, unlike mine...

Anyways, enough waffling from me: Below there's a short film showing the parts that failed today.

-Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back