Gear problem

RKR

Hi, I recently went to brushless in my ecx circuit and I got the aluminum gears but I keep shredding them. Does anyone know where I can find a set of steel ones? Thanks

The differential are steel, they are mild steel not hard steel. What I would do is make sure that they are well greased, as they do get hot from the transfer of heat from the slipper clutch. When you put things back together make sure you put the shim over the slipper shaft and down onto the bearing that's pressed into the differential case.

The whole differential, all the gears in the differential case, are mild steel, which is fine, you shouldn't have any problems with the steel differential. Unlike Pot metal, which is a cheap metal that is typically a mixture of metals in which each has a low melting point. It is known for its inferior quality. It is generally reserved for projects requiring the use of inexpensive metals. The name comes from its origins. In automotive repair shops , scrap metal used to be gathered and put into a pot so it could be melted for use on patch jobs or other small jobs as needed.

Learn how to set your slipper correctly, don’t land jumps on power, and don’t stay in the throttle when you start to “diff out” and you won’t have these problems.

After doing everything that everyone has said to do, I am still stripping the gears. Is there a hardened steel top drive gear somewhere or is my motor just too powerful?

Members online

No members online now.
Back