Gen 2 overdrive front axle

Gaholley

I would like to get my front axle to turn faster than the rear axle. Are there any replacement gears available to underdrive the rear diff or overdrive the front? Not much , maybe 10%? I weighted the front tires but am still flipping over backwards even though the front tires are over the top of a ledge. I have a Temper Gen 2 ECX0105T1.

If I recall, for the Losi 1/18 Mini Crawler, there was a traxxas pinion gear that would give some overdrive. The parts should interchange with the temper axles. Don't quote me on this though. You may have luck searching in the RC Crawler.com forums.

If I recall, for the Losi 1/18 Mini Crawler, there was a traxxas pinion gear that would give some overdrive. The parts should interchange with the temper axles. Don't quote me on this though. You may have luck searching in the RC Crawler.com forums.
Thank you for the lead. I’ll post findings

thanks for the info
I was able to to get a 7% overdrive on the front axle by using the pinion gear (15 tooth) from the Traxxas 7079 kit. (the stock pinion gears are 14 tooth)
it also required drive shaft changes, since the pinion shaft changed from 5mm to 4mm.
I used the drive shaft end from a Traxxas 7151 kit.
the difference is subtle but I can tell the difference.

now on to the next upgrade, (lighter shock springs)

I took the bottom cups off the springs and with stock springs it sits at a 50/50 droop/sprung now. The springs don't fully extend the shocks this way but I like it much better than having it full sprung like it comes out of the box. I really want to try some lighter springs with the bottom cups installed though. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for springs.

Latest posts

Members online

Back