Getting the Boost to corner well?

Rehab79

Hi guys, having issues at the local track trying to get the boost to corner, the front wheels lift when turning and have little to no grip, what can I do to help fix this please?

Whats the track made of? Have you plaged with adjusting the shocks? Preloading the front some. Might help what oil are you running? Better tires can help also. Does it sit level?

sits level, running it stock from the box for the other options, track is clay. I haven't really adjusted anything, I am so new to this I am scared of not being able to get it back to normal if I do something wrong.

I would preload the shocks some in the front. The might help keep the tires planted. Also you can play around with different shock oil weights(30,35,40 and so on probly no more than 50 tho).

Thanks, I am looking at some new softer tires too :) I think 40 front/ 50 back might work

It's been a while since I've been in RC, but I DO have plenty of experience tuning suspension. The Boost is a rear engine, 2WD car. That means that it has a rear weight bias. What's happening is that as the Boost corners, the weight at the rear is tipping the car outwards and lifting the weight off the inside front wheel. This results in a loss of control at the front.

Try this: Increase the spring preload on the rear shocks only. My car came with a single thin spring preload spacer installed on each rear shock and none on the front. You want fight the shifting of weight at the back of the car. For more steering control, you want the rear of the car to ride a little higher than the front. If you add spring preload spacers to the front of the car, you'll start to shift the weight bias farther back and make the loss of steering control worse.

Anyway, make small changes, one at a time and then test. Repeat until you achive acceptable results. Then remove all the spacers and test. Note the difference. That's how you learn! Have fun and good luck!

Members online

Back