Goolrc brushless motor discussion

KyleRC

It’s been a while since I started a thread and I was looking at the https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DBS3MQQ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A35UIU54X73ZG9&psc=1 Goolrc motor.

I would like to know your thoughts on these systems. I was planning to use this specific motor for my 1/16 4wd slash since it is low price and seems a bit lighter I have been trying to get a lower CG with it because it doesn’t like high grip surfaces. I will be running it with a 45 amp esc on 2s and considering the kv rating it may reach speeds 30-40 mph.

I have a goolrc esc and motor combo and it has treated me well. I have a real 540 can motor though, the one you linked is a 380 motor in a 540 can (hence the space for cooling fins). The 380 motors probably have lower torque, but for a 1/16 maybe it doesn't even matter?

I figured it wouldn’t really matter because I’m not really planning to build a monster and it’s low priced what do you think would be a bit faster than the titan 12t just so I can get ahead in the minis. I also thought it would be better because it may be light and I want to use 2 2s batteries in parallel to get more punch and run time I plan on getting 2 zippy flightmax 2200mah.

Maybe I’ll look for the 540 so I can say I have one in it;)

Will the 45amp esc be enough for the 540? Even the smaller motor can pull 60 amps. You plan on running goolrc esc? If you are, both program cards (red one for the "s" esc, and grey one for the waterproof esc) work with either esc ( s series and waterproof, and even ocday waterproof, and the no name black waterproof escs). I have been thinking of getting that same motor for my son's circuit, I'm thinking it'll make it a little slower and more controllable compared to the 3900kv 540 motor. (Will have less torque)

I’ve run several of those motors in 1/10 cars and they had plenty of power to have fun. More power than stock brushed 540 cans. It’s no Castle, but it’ll do fine.

Heres some pics F540 vs 3650 and the rotor the of a F540 compared to a 2845 motor.
RmAvRgy.jpg
IBrI12m.jpg
fH4T7SF.jpg

I did the 4500v goolrc mod to our ECX ROOST and my son used the stock servo and everything worked fine.for a few days .. very fast and throws alot of gravel when spinning out.but on the 3rd day it threw one of the rear driveshafts out and then we lost rear wheel drive. I took it all apart and put it back together and it works fine now ... but for how long???

I did the 4500v goolrc mod to our ECX ROOST and my son used the stock servo and everything worked fine.for a few days .. very fast and throws alot of gravel when spinning out.but on the 3rd day it threw one of the rear driveshafts out and then we lost rear wheel drive. I took it all apart and put it back together and it works fine now ... but for how long???

It took replacing one $25 dollar diff for me to move to smaller brushless power in my 1/18 Ruckus. I use finned Tacon 2030 motors and the diffs hold up. A 2430 5800kv Goolrc brushless motor should work well in the Roost and not be to hard on the drivetrain. You will have speed without a lot of torque which is good for the plastic parts.

For the price Gool motors work pretty well and of course are better than brushed.

It took replacing one $25 dollar diff for me to move to smaller brushless power in my 1/18 Ruckus. I use finned Tacon 2030 motors and the diffs hold up. A 2430 5800kv Goolrc brushless motor should work well in the Roost and not be to hard on the drivetrain. You will have speed without a lot of torque which is good for the plastic parts.

For the price Gool motors work pretty well and of course are better than brushed.
Did you have to change anything else in the roost or or Ruckus? Just drop in the engine and run it?

I have a 1/18 4wd Ruckus and my kids have roost,

Also which one of these will work with a Ruckus https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Tacon+2030&_sacat=0&_sop=15&LH_PrefLoc=1

Which one for the Roost? https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2430+5800kv+Goolrc&_sacat=0&_sop=15

Did you have to change anything else in the roost or or Ruckus? Just drop in the engine and run it?

I have a 1/18 4wd Ruckus and my kids have roost,

Also which one of these will work with a Ruckus https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Tacon+2030&_sacat=0&_sop=15&LH_PrefLoc=1

Which one for the Roost? https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2430+5800kv+Goolrc&_sacat=0&_sop=15

The links did not come up but no I just bolted it up with 2.5mm bolts and used I can't remember a 14t or maybe 16t pinion. The finned 2030 Tacons have a 24mm can with a 2030 motor inside so the can is the same diameter as a 2435 motor.

I would just get two 2430 5800kv brushless motors so they both have the same motor. Also I run lipo so I don't even remember how well anything ran on nimh if your running nimh it should still work well and be even easier on the drivetrain.

A seller on ebay has the motor that I have in my Ruckus for $10 dollars shipped (if your in the US) heres a link https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tacon-2030...&_sop=15&_sacat=0&_nkw=6200kv&_from=R40&rt=nc at $10 its worth a shot.

The Ruckus doesn't really get used that much anymore I use my Dromidas, rc18's and Latrax rc's more.

Heres a old pic of my Ruckus its the same now but with the original tires back on.

Attachments

• ruckus.JPG
    ruckus.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 10

It's not the motors fault for breaking plastic components. Plastic components are not necessarily designed around tons of torque and high speeds.

You want to run power, you need to upgrade the suspension, drives, diffs, etc....make dollars? Makes cents.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back