Goolrc opinions

Steve g

So I got 2 circuits, one for me and one for my 4 yr old son. I have a lot of upgraded parts coming now, and I'm going to convert mine to brushless. Want to keep it on the cheaper side, so been looking at goolrc set ups. Have experience with castle creations, but not gool. So the ones I've been considering are the original 60a with 4300k motor and a program card, and the updated 60a with a 3900kv motor and no card. Both are about 40 bucks. What's the difference of the original and updated versions? One is red and one is orange. Specs seem the same. Anyone have experience with these? And if I get the updated one without the program card can I program it without the 20 dollar card?

Have experience with the Orange motor (4300kv)and it seems to live up to expectations, its not too bad at all. We did have a 60a esc go up in smoke for no apparent reason. Swapped it out for a Hobbywing 60a and the combo go ok. We do have a couple of the Blue motors also. They dont say gool rc but they are the same, 3100kv and the 4370kv(blue 380 motor in 540 can. ) and both do the job ok.

Gool is fine for bashing, just check motor temps and don’t submerse any of them in water. No brushless system will last in water.

Everything I have seen and read says the escs are hit or miss, it either goes up in smoke or it works just fine. The motors work pretty good, I've had a couple of their blue can motors for a few years now.

yes agreed, 60a esc up in smoke, 45a esc still working fine. Their motors aren't bad at all.
Would buy again for the price of the combos though

Yeah seems to be hit or miss from what I've read too. Hopefully I get a good one. Got a ton of parts coming now. Will have a nice pair of circuits soon

Been rocking a 3500kv blue can Gool in my ecx amp now for over a year. Performance wise can't compare to my castle or team Orion setup. But for the price is buy again.. motor/esc combo was like 40 bucks or something when I bought it. Not bad at all.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back