Sold / Found Have a Ruckus project, need 2.2 wheels/smaller tires for testing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DantheMan

^^^^I am leaving this post for others to learn from...(once upon a time...)..As the title says, I am looking for an affordable set of 4 or atleast a pair of 2 12mm hexed rims and smaller tires for testing my new esc/brushless combo. I have paypal. *I am not concerned about tread type or what rims look like or their condition, just need smaller then original overall diameter. **I am attempting a Castle Creations Mamba X, 4106 4600kv Brushless upgrade on 2s and 3s.(already upgraded to metal diff gears, mip slash driveshafts, and HR 87t metal spur gear...have a traxxas wheelie bar, and numerous pinion gear sizes on way) for the RTR Ruckus 2wd on Lipo I just bought>>>>>UT OH!!!!!UPDATE..

\**Tried stock gearing(17/87), a basic 2s lipo 25c 2000mah....Its faster than original 15t motor/gear/esc, and new 4600kv motor temps are low...the motor temps are cold enough to not even bother with a temp gun.....decided to run a venom 3s 5000mah....."yes truck is insane out of control going from 3/4 to full throttle without adjustments in castle link"(going full throttle takes alot of practice...but can be made esy using the CC Link software)....***I believe that using this CC mamba x and stock 17t pinion/87t metal spuron the stock Ruckus 2wd tire size....Dialing in with castle link software...IS.....very do-able. (upgrade to the original model which came with 2s lipo.. was the mamba x and 4106-4600kv combo., metal differential, a zip tie fix on steering servo and a metal spur gear) Very pleased...anymore is just dumb.
Thanx, Dan

Last edited:
Just curious, but why would you think you needed smaller wheels/tires? I am running a 3930kv motor with 16/54 32 pitch gears on 2s 35c and 3s 40c packs with everything else stock. Temps are completely fine

My 2s temps are fine with no issues, however....After a few packs on 3s now..I am having to stop running after 5-6 minutes to allow the motor to cool, the esc seems fine(when the fan for it comes on...the motor temp is reading 175).. Ambient air temps here in Florida are in 70's. I am noticing these temps while driving up and down the asphalt street. The torque from the 4106-4600kv on stock gearing 17-87 forces me to ease into full throttle, and full throttle can only be held for a mere 3 seconds.(Ruckus is HAULING BUTT), otherwise is goes out of control.
**Smallest pinion I can fit with the 48p gears is 17t...so, I ordered a set of used E-Revo 1/16 scale wheels/Tires. I do not mind loosing some top speed to be able to get heat under control.(Also seems I am now needing to upgrade to eddy bearings , rpm rear arms, and alumin. rear hub carriers/Losi Turn Buckles....the torque for the motor has elongated the pins/holes in stock plastic arms..lol)

Last edited:
^^^^I am leaving this post for others to learn from...(once upon a time...)..As the title says, I am looking for an affordable set of 4 or atleast a pair of 2 12mm hexed rims and smaller tires for testing my new esc/brushless combo. I have paypal. *I am not concerned about tread type or what rims look like or their condition, just need smaller then original overall diameter. **I am attempting a Castle Creations Mamba X, 4106 4600kv Brushless upgrade on 2s and 3s.(already upgraded to metal diff gears, mip slash driveshafts, and HR 87t metal spur gear...have a traxxas wheelie bar, and numerous pinion gear sizes on way) for the RTR Ruckus 2wd on Lipo I just bought>>>>>UT OH!!!!!UPDATE..

\**Tried stock gearing(17/87), a basic 2s lipo 25c 2000mah....Its faster than original 15t motor/gear/esc, and new 4600kv motor temps are low...the motor temps are cold enough to not even bother with a temp gun.....decided to run a venom 3s 5000mah....."yes truck is insane out of control going from 3/4 to full throttle without adjustments in castle link"(going full throttle takes alot of practice...but can be made esy using the CC Link software)....***I believe that using this CC mamba x and stock 17t pinion/87t metal spuron the stock Ruckus 2wd tire size....Dialing in with castle link software...IS.....very do-able. (upgrade to the original model which came with 2s lipo.. was the mamba x and 4106-4600kv combo., metal differential, a zip tie fix on steering servo and a metal spur gear) Very pleased...anymore is just dumb.
Thanx, Dan
You haven’t had an issue with the MIP axles? I snapped one of the pins that hold it together using the Castle 1410 3800Kv with a Venom Lipo 2s 5000 25c and also shredded a metal transmission pack and all that happened within 4 batteries.

I am using the MIP 10130 x-duty keyed for the traxxas slash 4x4. I have Zero Problems with any binding or limited suspension travel.
*Also,
I do not know if it makes a difference, but when I installed the metal diff, I packed the gearbox with a marine grease, AND I have my slipper adjusted on the Tight side. (I never hear it slip...the tires always spin on the asphalt even while rolling 1/4 throttle and accelerating to 1/2 fast)

I am using the MIP 10130 x-duty keyed for the traxxas slash 4x4. I have Zero Problems with any binding or limited suspension travel.
*Also,
I do not know if it makes a difference, but when I installed the metal diff, I packed the gearbox with a marine grease, AND I have my slipper adjusted on the Tight side. (I never hear it slip...the tires always spin on the asphalt even while rolling 1/4 throttle and accelerating to 1/2 fast)
I’m running the same rear axles. The big thick splined ones. I broke mine at the pin up by the tranny. Lost the pivot insert that holds the grub. It’s a real pain cause everything keeps breaking on this truck and I’ve got no clue why. Everyone else is running bigger motors with higher C lipo batts.

-I Just upgraded to the RPM rear control arms and HR aluminium carriers. I had to shim the MIP axle ends before slipping them into the carriers for clearance reasons.(they will click/bind/rub with these carriers if not shimmed)
*The rear tires are sooo much more controlled now!! Not half as sloppy as what they had become.
-I am also now running Traxxas Stampede 2wd XL-5 * 4 TALON TIRES & ALL STAR BLACK CHROME 12mm WHEELS *, which I got on ebay brand new for cheap($52 shipped).
*The over-all Diameter and tire width is the perfect amount smalller than the heavy original ruckus 2wd stuff..(these are 1/4" smaller dia/1/8" less width)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back