help please, first time mounting tires, will this work?

Joshnewb

Looking for some 1/10 2wd buggy Front tires to mount on 2.2 wheels that are roughly 25mm (22mm from inner lip to inner lip)

My main question is regarding mounting tires that would be wider than the wheel itself.

The tires I'm looking at are 30mm (I know that's the widest part, not the part that's glued), and I was planning on using closed cell inserts. Will the inserts and tires work? Or am I stuck with narrower tires (ribs)?

tires: pro-line front 2wd buggy hole shots

thanks for helping a rookie

Looking for some 1/10 2wd buggy Front tires to mount on 2.2 wheels that are roughly 25mm (22mm from inner lip to inner lip)

My main question is regarding mounting tires that would be wider than the wheel itself.

The tires I'm looking at are 30mm (I know that's the widest part, not the part that's glued), and I was planning on using closed cell inserts. Will the inserts and tires work? Or am I stuck with narrower tires (ribs)?

tires: pro-line front 2wd buggy hole shots

thanks for helping a rookie
I don't really know but if they don't fit the tire, just cut the foam a bit.

Basically I just wanna know if tires roughly 6-8mm wider than the wheel still mount with a good bead and work well,
or if you're supposed to stick with tires that are pretty close to the same width as wheel

Dry fit them before committing to gluing them. I mounted proline caliber stadium truck tires on my amp wheels and they worked fine. I upgraded the foams a few months later to the blue ones. The white foam fell apart fast.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back