How do you remove the foam from the tires?

Newb96

Hi everyone, new to the rc world here. How do you remove the foam from the tires? Thanks in advance for the help!

Remove the tires unscrew the ring and pull the foam out keep it you might want them back in
Yes might it all depends on if your crawling rocks or just riding over things I crawl rocks so with weights in the wheels I don't use the foam the tires grip a lot better try it you might find that you can really crawl
Might? You will definitely want the foam back in. It helps the tire keep its shape.[/QUOTE

Yes might it all depends on if your crawling rocks or just riding over things I crawl rocks so with weights in the wheels I don't use the foam the tires grip a lot better try it you might find that you can really crawl
Yeah the tires on the temper are pretty stiff. I've been running no foams since this post with weights added and at rest there's no visible deflection. Although no foams combined with wheel weights definitely changed its crawling characteristics and enhanced is ability. I'm still looking for better tires though, I'm considering axial ripsaw's...

Yeah the tires on the temper are pretty stiff. I've been running no foams since this post with weights added and at rest there's no visible deflection. Although no foams combined with wheel weights definitely changed its crawling characteristics and enhanced is ability. I'm still looking for better tires though, I'm considering axial ripsaw's...
One of the first things I did was change the wheels and tires on my temper I'm not big on name brands so I just look for thread pattern you can see my temper crawl short video in the temper forum

I just picked up some 1.7 TSL boggers from rc4wd. The mounting bead is a little thick for the stock rims so they were a bit of a pain to mount. But I am loving these tires. I'm currently running no foams and they are kind of soft but great for climbing. I'm thinking when I upgrade the motor that they will definitely need the foam but for now they are perfect for me

Attachments

• IMG_20160322_174031923.jpg
    IMG_20160322_174031923.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 16
I just picked up some 1.7 TSL boggers from rc4wd. The mounting bead is a little thick for the stock rims so they were a bit of a pain to mount. But I am loving these tires. I'm currently running no foams and they are kind of soft but great for climbing. I'm thinking when I upgrade the motor that they will definitely need the foam but for now they are perfect for me
I'm running 1.9's with no foams and love the softer feel. way more grippy

I was looking at getting 1.9s and rims but found these and with funds at this moment it was alot easier to buy just tires rather than rims and tires. When I get it in a really tight spot the tires will fold like crazy and the sidewall flexes pretty good turning with just the stock power. Maybe I'll trim down some foams just for a little sidewall support but really loving the tire upgrade.

Latest posts

Members online

Back