How do you tell when the slipper clutch needs adjusted?

1. Place truck on a high traction surface, with a fully charged battery.
  2. Mash throttle, and listen carefully.
If the slipper is slipping, you can hear it. On a high traction surface, you want it to slip a bit, but not a lot - 1/2 second to one second - maybe 2-3 feet. If it is slipping more than this, tighten it down. If it is not slipping at all, loosen it up a bit.

Note - with my stock SpeedTread tires, I could not make traction anywhere, as those tires sucked. So my slipper was set kind of loose. When I switched to big block tires (badlands knockoffs) I had lots of traction, and the slipper was screaming at me - I had to tighten it down a lot.

If the slipper is slipping, you can hear it. On a high traction surface, you want it to slip a bit, but not a lot - 1/2 second to one second - maybe 2-3 feet. If it is slipping more than this, tighten it down. If it is not slipping at all, loosen it up a bit.

Note - with my stock SpeedTread tires, I could not make traction anywhere, as those tires sucked. So my slipper was set kind of loose. When I switched to big block tires (badlands knockoffs) I had lots of traction, and the slipper was screaming at me - I had to tighten it down a lot.

Thank you

Big block tires what size and where did you get them ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did these work with your Torment body? I got some Duratrax wheels for the Slash and they would hit the body in the rear.

If it is slipping more than this, tighten it down. If it is not slipping at all, loosen it up a bit.
Don't tighten it too much, or you'll strip the the threads on the clutch's axle, like I did. The threads are very thin and weak. You'll end up having to purchase an entire new clutch assembly, because Horizon (ECX) doesn't sell that part by itself.

Latest posts

Members online

Back