How I break in and maintain my brushed motors.

So breaking it in is basically just cleaning it or ? Haven’t used a brushed motor for a while but looking at modified motors for a on going build and will be new so will I have to break it in or ?

So breaking it in is basically just cleaning it or ? Haven’t used a brushed motor for a while but looking at modified motors for a on going build and will be new so will I have to break it in or ?
I'll be honest. I really don't know. I've read mixed things online about breaking in brushed motors, or not to.
From what I understand, with the higher end brushed motors you don't have to. But with these cheapies it sets the brushes up or something...

As far as cleaning goes I've used this method to pretty much bring a motor back from the dead. I had to run this method three or four times to completely remove all the junk. I am from the Duluth, MN area so we have a lot of iron in our dirt up here. Although with that one I didn't run it for a half hour in the water. It was more like 5-10 mins, spray with the cleaner, run again in the water... etc.

Okay. This confused me so much lol. Thanks for the reply. Here in the uk we’re I am a lot of salt, clay and chalk. Ruining everything that moves on the car pretty much. Strip every car everyt time it get used. Having a few cars makes this a long and annoying process. My bearing bill cause of salt is ridiculous. 😂😂.

I'll be honest. I really don't know. I've read mixed things online about breaking in brushed motors, or not to.
From what I understand, with the higher end brushed motors you don't have to. But with these cheapies it sets the brushes up or something...

As far as cleaning goes I've used this method to pretty much bring a motor back from the dead. I had to run this method three or four times to completely remove all the junk. I am from the Duluth, MN area so we have a lot of iron in our dirt up here. Although with that one I didn't run it for a half hour in the water. It was more like 5-10 mins, spray with the cleaner, run again in the water... etc.
Greetings from Rochester!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back