how to bind replacement esc to my radio? (1/18 temper)

Eric Eberle

My 1/18 Temper is not turning on. I got a new battery but that wasn't it. I'm thinking of ordering a replacement stock esc/tx but I don't see how I would bind it with the stock TX the temper came with. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I think you have to buy esc and transmitter (radio) together. If I’m wrong sorry

Fred
Pa
that's what i'm worried about. But I couldn't find anyone selling them together on amazon so I just ordered a replacement ESC. Hopefully I can just press the bind button and my TX will figure it out.

Good luck, hope it works.
that's what i'm worried about. But I couldn't find anyone selling them together on amazon so I just ordered a replacement ESC. Hopefully I can just press the bind button and my TX will figure it out.

I had my ESC die within the first year of ownership so I called ECX and eventually got them to send me a new one for free. You have to ask for a replacement if I remember correctly. I’ve since moved on to a Hobbywing Quicrun ESC, much happier. Here are the instructions from the Temper manual on how to bind the ESC to transmitter:
  1. Power off the transmitter and ESC.
  2. Connect a fully charged battery pack to the ESC.
  3. Press and hold the bind button while powering up the ESC. After 2 seconds the ESC will be in bind mode.
  4. Release the bind button and power on transmitter.
  5. Binding is complete when you hear three beeps from the ESC.
You must rebind when binding the receiver to a different transmitter.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back