How to get one

Slegar

I have found no way to buy this RC. Local HobbyTowns dont stock it, and cant even have it shipped to the store, and I missing something, or how/where can I pick one up?

I have found no way to buy this RC. Local HobbyTowns dont stock it, and cant even have it shipped to the store, and I missing something, or how/where can I pick one up?
Hobby Town should be able to get one for you. That's where I got mine from, so I know they can get em. I don't think they can be ordered online, only in stores, so you might have to go in and talk to them.

I understand wanting to help the lhs but trying to find stock parts is even becoming a pain in the butt, you can buy parts directly from Horizon. My lhs carries Ecx but never has anything in stock.

I understand wanting to help the lhs but trying to find stock parts is even becoming a pain in the butt, you can buy parts directly from Horizon. My lhs carries Ecx but never has anything in stock.

I guess I gotta agree with this. Its like being back in 1995 or something that if I need even the simplest part there is no place for hundreds of miles that I can walk into to get, and then have to wait a week for those shops to order it.
Even if they would let me order it from the local stores own site and then go there to pick it up I'd be happy (well happier anyway)

I see what they want to happen and help out the stores,, but if no one is willing to stock it then whats the point? I have already purchased a vehicle from a different company (same store tho) since first posting this, so there goes that sale, plus any additional part or vehicle buys. Sure I'd like to have one,, but have no time for this hassle. And listening to other peeps at the track and everywhere,, its not just me.

They are going to shoot themselves in the foot doing this. I have a room full of R/C vehicle's and pretty much never need to travel the 30 minutes to my local hobbytown for anything unless they have a part I want in stock and I don't want to wait for shipping (rare occasion). Bearings, drone props, boat grease, doesn't matter what it is, it's coming from online. On the other hand, brick and mortar stores are great for the hobby and it's sad to see when they close down.

Certain Losi MRC aluminum parts do interchange but there are certain parts that are specific to the ECX like the axle shafts which are a weak link. Not being able to order them online directly from Horizon for example, is pretty inconvenient for some people. I don't have a gen 2 but my gen 1 is setup with barrage axles. Gen 2 is a very capable rig right out of the box, I think the bling parts aren't very necessary. An actual servo, metal diffs, lower cog, beef patties, and some quality tire's are all it really needs. The aluminum bling parts do nothing for performance lol.

Last edited:
I'm in British Columbia and it was SUCH a hassle just to get a 2wd brushed torment into my hands , every shop in Canada won't ship anything to do with ecx , very irritating , I ending up contacting hobby hobby out in Mississauga ON, and they agreed to ship any ecx product as long as you asked and specified what it was.
So 2 weeks later I got my torment almost rtr minus battery n charger for $220.00 Cad shipped to my door.
I agree on how much of an issue it can be nowadays
Now I'm trying to find as many traxxas compatible parts to retrofit

Certain Losi MRC aluminum parts do interchange but there are certain parts that are specific to the ECX like the axle shafts which are a weak link. Not being able to order them online directly from Horizon for example, is pretty inconvenient for some people. I don't have a gen 2 but my gen 1 is setup with barrage axles. Gen 2 is a very capable rig right out of the box, I think the bling parts aren't very necessary. An actual servo, metal diffs, lower cog, beef patties, and some quality tire's are all it really needs. The aluminum bling parts do nothing for performance lol.
I run 2wd slash axles in my 2wd torment they work great

I run 2wd slash axles in my 2wd torment they work great

I was talking about AXLE shaft's for the barrage/gen 2 temper, different part than a driveshaft. There is no drop in replacement axle shaft for a barrage/temper axles aside from the stock ECX part. Certain Axial (I believe wraith) shafts will work but need to be cut to length/flat spots for the spool ground in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back