How to remove the “drive train” bits from the transmission?

TKenny

Ive been trying to grease every gear in my Temper, but when I removed the transmission (at least that's what I think it is :) ). I couldn't open it up because it has a knuckle piece for the drive train coming out each side. I saw a video for a similar crawler that showed you just need to remove a hex nut to get them off.

I found a metric hex wrench (shaped like the common ikea allen wrench) that goes in there, but I pull it until the metal of the wrench is bending and the nut wont budge on either of them. If I didn't know better, I’d say they are glued in there. Im afraid to pull any harder.

Is there any great secret to getting these things off?

The grease I put on is a light grease that comes out of a spray can so I settled on prying the transmission case open as far as I could had sticking the little straw in and them spraying it all about. Seems to have helped with the noise even if it is inelegant.

If I can't get a set screw on my drive shaft to break loose normally because I put loctight on it lol I get my soldering iron out let it heat up nice and hot at put the tip of it in the screw and let it heat up the screw and break the loctight bond then try again with the Allen hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back