Hey guys!

I've bought yet another rc...
It's...
-NOT ECX
-NOT hobby grade
-NOT 1/10
-NOT off road

What is it then???

Well, it's a Tamiya Ferrari F40 1/12 Quick Drive (QD) from 1991.
I was on the hunt for another ECX, because you can NEVER have "too many" ECX cars, right?
So as I was scrolling the Marktplaats website, I saw the F40 pop up.
I had 3 1/10 QD cars before, and at that time I really liked the cars for what they were. And yes, putting a small BL system in them made me have loads of fun with them, lol!
I even went as far as buying the rubbish non-Tamiya ABS-brittle-plastic-toys just for their spare gearboxes.
As time went on, I managed to pick up a 1/10 Subaru Impreza 22B QD. I've converted it to hobby grade, but not BL though. I even kept the standard 27mhz antenna for nostalgia I guess.
Anyways, during that time, I read about the 1/12 F40. Man! Those remaining cars that had survived the abuse were worth a lot of money. Especially those that still had their box...
So, when I saw that someone was selling their F40 QD, I couldn't stop my curiosity to see how much they were asking.
They asked €15,-

Seriously!!!

They actually asked €15,-!!!!!! That's $18.25 by today's exchange rate.
Including shipping, the car cost me €22,-
Have you seen on Ebay how much they go for?
Sure, I don't have the box or the wheel tool, but the car is in great condition and it's working perfectly!!!!!
There are only a few scratches on the bottom side of the gearbox, but that's it.
Me and my son had a small test drive in the house, and we were amazed at how well it goes for basically a toy grade rc from 1991.

I've given it a clean up, and it's now staying in my display case, together with my 1/18 Tandy Lambo Countach (the exact same car I had when I was 6) where it will be on proud display.
Yes, I will take it out, but only on a smooth surface, lol.
The wheels are a bit yellowed, but I don't wanna paint the wheels or even try the retro bright, because it has it's character I guess.

So sorry for the non ECX news, but I just have to share this.
-Davephoto5823306553762101142.jpgphoto5823306553762101143.jpgphoto5823306553762101144.jpgphoto5823306553762101145.jpgphoto5823306553762101146.jpgphoto5823306553762101147.jpg

Hey guys!

I've bought yet another rc...
It's...
-NOT ECX
-NOT hobby grade
-NOT 1/10
-NOT off road

What is it then???

Well, it's a Tamiya Ferrari F40 1/12 Quick Drive (QD) from 1991.
I was on the hunt for another ECX, because you can NEVER have "too many" ECX cars, right?
So as I was scrolling the Marktplaats website, I saw the F40 pop up.
I had 3 1/10 QD cars before, and at that time I really liked the cars for what they were. And yes, putting a small BL system in them made me have loads of fun with them, lol!
I even went as far as buying the rubbish non-Tamiya ABS-brittle-plastic-toys just for their spare gearboxes.
As time went on, I managed to pick up a 1/10 Subaru Impreza 22B QD. I've converted it to hobby grade, but not BL though. I even kept the standard 27mhz antenna for nostalgia I guess.
Anyways, during that time, I read about the 1/12 F40. Man! Those remaining cars that had survived the abuse were worth a lot of money. Especially those that still had their box...
So, when I saw that someone was selling their F40 QD, I couldn't stop my curiosity to see how much they were asking.
They asked €15,-

Seriously!!!

They actually asked €15,-!!!!!! That's $18.25 by today's exchange rate.
Including shipping, the car cost me €22,-
Have you seen on Ebay how much they go for?
Sure, I don't have the box or the wheel tool, but the car is in great condition and it's working perfectly!!!!!
There are only a few scratches on the bottom side of the gearbox, but that's it.
Me and my son had a small test drive in the house, and we were amazed at how well it goes for basically a toy grade rc from 1991.

I've given it a clean up, and it's now staying in my display case, together with my 1/18 Tandy Lambo Countach (the exact same car I had when I was 6) where it will be on proud display.
Yes, I will take it out, but only on a smooth surface, lol.
The wheels are a bit yellowed, but I don't wanna paint the wheels or even try the retro bright, because it has it's character I guess.

So sorry for the non ECX news, but I just have to share this.
-DaveView attachment 6996View attachment 6997View attachment 6998View attachment 6999View attachment 7000View attachment 7001
Nice!

Nice score!
I look off and on, every once in a while to try and find a complete Grasshopper, or Fox.
I did watch a video on the YouTubez the other day where a guy refurbished an old, beaten down, BlackFoot, memories.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back