I think I broke it

Hemiguy

I'll start by saying I have the shocks from my 4wd torment on my 2wd ruckus since I broke all 4 on two different days on the same jump (genius to go back right?). But now my steering is definitely worse than it used to be which I know the steering has a bit of a strain on it with the bigger shocks. I backed it down this concrete slope with water at the end to do a tire spinning take off but I didn't know that the end of the concrete was a foot drop off and I sunk the back half of it and now my differential wants to spin the left tire hard and barely spin the right. And also I don't know if it's because of the water it fell on or if I knocked something loose but now both back wheels shake like no other when I hold it and it bounces all over going on the ground. I have no idea where to start so any info would be great and much appreciated. So thank you in advance if you can help me figure it out or at least part of it

You might need to replace the bearings in your tranny and axle carriers.
To stop the tires from wobbling, put 4 holes in the rear tires straight across from each other, put battery in truck turn on radio and truck flip truck upside down move out of the way and pull the throttle.

If these are the stock tires they probably already have holese in the tires on the inside hub area. I have the same wobble but mine is from dirt that has gotten into the tires from the holes. Once the stock tires wear down i'm dumping them for something better.

Everything is stock aside from the shocks. But could one dip in the water really do all that much? It was working jut perfectly fine right before the water happened

Everything is stock aside from the shocks. But could one dip in the water really do all that much? It was working jut perfectly fine right before the water happened

It would be hard to say for sure. I would work from the outside in. Get the water out of the tires. Check wheel bearings and replace as needed. Then look at the drive shafts and make sure nothing is slipping there. If it all checks out then open up the Trans and diff. Check clean and lube the bearings and make sure the inside of the diff is greased and nothing is messed up inside that.
I will note that I had an issue where my Torment truck just wouldn't go forward almost at all. I checked out the slipper pads and it was all good. I found a plastic gear that hooks to the shaft that has the slipper pads on it had a horizontal pin on it. That pin apparently spun inside the plastic gear and caused the truck not to go. I replaced everything with the metal ECX trans gear kit and everything was fine after that.

If these are the stock tires they probably already have holese in the tires on the inside hub area. I have the same wobble but mine is from dirt that has gotten into the tires from the holes. Once the stock tires wear down i'm dumping them for something better.

Those holes are in the wheels not in the tires. You want holes on the outside of the tire so the tire spinning can fling out any water.

And yes even a small run through some puddles can get enough water inside the tires to throw them off balance. Do like I said in my other post and the water will fling out. I would still check the bearings and take apart the trans to make sure nothing happened in there.

I'll start by saying I have the shocks from my 4wd torment on my 2wd ruckus since I broke all 4 on two different days on the same jump (genius to go back right?). But now my steering is definitely worse than it used to be which I know the steering has a bit of a strain on it with the bigger shocks. I backed it down this concrete slope with water at the end to do a tire spinning take off but I didn't know that the end of the concrete was a foot drop off and I sunk the back half of it and now my differential wants to spin the left tire hard and barely spin the right. And also I don't know if it's because of the water it fell on or if I knocked something loose but now both back wheels shake like no other when I hold it and it bounces all over going on the ground. I have no idea where to start so any info would be great and much appreciated. So thank you in advance if you can help me figure it out or at least part of it
Those holes are in the wheels not in the tires. You want holes on the outside of the tire so the tire spinning can fling out any water.

And yes even a small run through some puddles can get enough water inside the tires to throw them off balance. Do like I said in my other post and the water will fling out. I would still check the bearings and take apart the trans to make sure nothing happened in there.[/QUOTE my ruckus 4wd had a full throttle head on colision which made my right front tire stick and have a clicking noise it was my caster block that got warped from the impact so i put some RPM casterblock parts and im good to go now .

Members online

No members online now.
Back