Is 1/10 2WD Torment still being manufactured?

aggrokragg

Hi everyone,

I recently got the 1/18 Torment 4x4 and love it. At some point I'd like a 1/10 scale truck, and (obviously) started looking at the 2WD 1/10 Torment. But availability seems really limited, or says "in-store only". Horizon Hobby seems to be pushing me toward Redcat and Losi. Is the 1/10 2WD Torment discontinued? I know RC's are really popular right now so I'm just wondering if they are out of stock because I know they are a popular beginner platform. I'm also open to buying used if they are no longer being made.

Thanks for any info.

X

Conspiracy of One
Staff member
Premium Member
ECX RCs have been in store only for quite some time. But yes, the 1/10 Torment does seem to still be available.

A better approach for that category, but a little more expensive, would be an Arrma Senton. Much better quality, support and availability.

aggrokragg

Thanks for the info. I had actually been eyeing the Arrma Senton as my second choice. It seems like a nice truck and looked pretty rugged.

Lephturn

I recently got an Arrma Notorious 6S and I love it. I can’t believe the abuse it has taken.

The Senton is a great truck of you want a short course type. I like wheelies and tricks plus tough ground handling ability- if you can swing it look at the new Granite Big Rick Crew Cab. A bit longer/wider than the Granite 3S. Newly updated and the body on it is the best looking thing I’ve seen.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/bigrock/blx/4x4

The updated version is matte black and a little wider and longer than the previous version. Just coming out in the next week or so. Excellent choice, as is the Senton.

aggrokragg

I recently got an Arrma Notorious 6S and I love it. I can’t believe the abuse it has taken.

The Senton is a great truck of you want a short course type. I like wheelies and tricks plus tough ground handling ability- if you can swing it look at the new Granite Big Rick Crew Cab. A bit longer/wider than the Granite 3S. Newly updated and the body on it is the best looking thing I’ve seen.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/bigrock/blx/4x4

The updated version is matte black and a little wider and longer than the previous version. Just coming out in the next week or so. Excellent choice, as is the Senton.

I will look at this too. I recently got an HBX Protector (buggy) and have been bashing it quite a bit, but I really like the short course trucks, and everything has been pointing to Arrma as making really high quality vehicles for the money. I also like the idea of having parts available at a local hobby store rather than having to potentially wait weeks for shipping.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Lephturn

I started last Christmas with a Haiboxing Rampage for my son. Good little truck. Arrma is certainly a huge step up.

There are a few videos of the new Big Rock coming out now, check them out. Set the slipper clutch properly and it seems pretty tough.

Latest posts

Members online