Is a motor with 5mm shaft any better than the 3.75 mm shaft I know the gears cost more

Alldave2003

Looking to buy a motor and have found different shaft options , is the motor any better when you get larger shafts or is it just a way to make u spend more on gears

Smaller shafts may be more prone to shearing off or bending. Larger ones should be more durable.

Looking to buy a motor and have found different shaft options , is the motor any better when you get larger shafts or is it just a way to make u spend more on gears

There are more options with a 3.5, and hobby shops have a better stock.
I know your just asking the question, but keep it simple.

You are running 1/10th scale, not 1/8th or 1/5th. I would stay away the 5mm.

If your concerned of money...shop eBay. You can get a whole brushless combo for 35.00 shipped to your door .

Smaller shafts may be more prone to shearing off or bending. Larger ones should be more durable.
Dude, if your shearing off or bending, you got problems. Check your mesh, or don't use metal Spurs, stick to plastic, you need a breaking point.
Hahahaha.

There are more options with a 3.5, and hobby shops have a better stock.
I know your just asking the question, but keep it simple.

You are running 1/10th scale, not 1/8th or 1/5th. I would stay away the 5mm.

If your concerned of money...shop eBay. You can get a whole brushless combo for 35.00 shipped to your door .

Dude, if your shearing off or bending, you got problems. Check your mesh, or don't use metal Spurs, stick to plastic, you need a breaking point.
Hahahaha.
I’ve never bent or broken one not even used metal spurs nothing but stock I have nothing against the 1/8” shaft

Latest posts

Members online

Back