Is the receiver broken? Steering problem

dbarry

Totally new to RC cars and need help solving a problem with the electronics. Have an ECX torment that my son has been using.

The problem is turning the steering wheel on the transmitter doesn’t cause the wheels to turn. I’ve tried a number of troubleshooting things. I was able to get the steering to work using the throttle on the transmitter when I reversed the plugs for the steering servo and the speed control wires into the receiver. In this configuration the trigger would turn the wheels one direction one breaking and the other when pulling the trigger. Turning the steering wheel had no effect on the speed controller.

Does this mean the receiver is broken? I had not worked on the car in anyway prior to this happening. I tried rebinding the receiver to the transmitter. I’m not sure if this worked as the lights on the receiver and transmitter did not blink the way the instruction said they would. After my attempt at rebinding the trigger still controlled the throttle but the steering did not work.

Sounds like the transmitter steering wheel is bad to me if turning the steering wheel has no effect in CH1 or CH2. If CH1 and CH2 both work (when swapped) by using the throttle trigger that tells me the receiver is ok because it is receiving a signal and operating whatever is connected.

Latest posts

Members online

Back