Issue with motor mount / mesh

Jefraser

Hi there everyone,

I recently replaced the stock 15t motor on my Torment 2wd. I went for the Dynamite 15t 550 motor as my lhs told me that it would offer more torque and still fit perfectly.

I mounted the new motor just fine, but it comes loose after a big hit and I lose the mesh between pinion and spur gear. Thus has happened three times now. The motor mount screw points are getting a bit scuffed up and the screws aren't going in super tight any more, and I am worried that the issue is a permanent one.

Has anyone replaced the motor mount? Would buying one of the Hot Racing motor mount clamps help this situation at all?

Cheers,
James.

Hi there everyone,

I recently replaced the stock 15t motor on my Torment 2wd. I went for the Dynamite 15t 550 motor as my lhs told me that it would offer more torque and still fit perfectly.

I mounted the new motor just fine, but it comes loose after a big hit and I lose the mesh between pinion and spur gear. Thus has happened three times now. The motor mount screw points are getting a bit scuffed up and the screws aren't going in super tight any more, and I am worried that the issue is a permanent one.

Has anyone replaced the motor mount? Would buying one of the Hot Racing motor mount clamps help this situation at all?

Cheers,
James.

Hey,

I had the same problem my torment and was pleased to find out that it was the spiky washers (ECX1098) that help keep the screws (holding the motor in) from moving. Also, if the transmission case/motor mount (ECX1021) is damaged it may also be contributing to the motor moving around. I do not think you will need mount clamps. Hope this helps!

If you need these; https://www.horizonhobby.com/transmission-case-set:-1-10-2wd-circuit--ruckus--boost-ecx1021

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ECX1098

Hey, that's some great advice thanks!

I found that I also needed to use longer screws for mounting the new motor. The 550 now sits very securely and has survived two long bashing sessions with plenty of big jumps.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.
Back