Keep from flipping over backwards?

SR71

Because I set my torments up to go fast air catches the front bumpers and over they go. Dont want to put wings on the front, I already run extra weight on the front of the 2wd torment, about 12oz. Shocks, ive tried soft med and hard. My next choice is to punch louver over the wheel wells to see if that may help. Does anyone have other ideas to try? Speeds that im reaching is about 52 to 55 before they flip over.

Ok so that's what they mean parachute effect, I've read that so many times. I have ran bodies with lots of cut outs in them an still the same results. I also run a rallycross with a sc body and it sticks to the ground. About the only diff between the two is the front bumpers, rallycross is flat and the sc is kicked up. Does anyone make a flat bumper for sc? I ran my torment for abit without a front bumper and broke the truck in half.

T-bone racing.....
Have you tried running a more stiff suspension setup in the rear, with a heavier weight of oil in the shocks then the front?

Last edited:
Over on the Arrma side, there are folks speed running their Senton SCT. Those that keep the truck body will run a rally style bumper, with a "Scalpel" style body. If you really want to get fast, though, you may look into a GT8 style body. The 1/10 SCT size trucks are the right size, but you may need to mod the shock towers to lower them a bit. If you want to stay with the truck look, moving to a Ruckus or Circuit body would lower wind drag also.

We purchased our first truck for my son and he loves it, he really likes big air jumps and the truck really parachutes.
We raised the rear body mount and cut out the windows and it has helped a lot. have to work on the suspension next.

We purchased our first truck for my son and he loves it, he really likes big air jumps and the truck really parachutes.
We raised the rear body mount and cut out the windows and it has helped a lot. have to work on the suspension next.

Check out "Torment body noise", there is a you tube video link that helps in modifying the stock body parachuting affect.

@SR71 this is a very common issue for short course trucks. The best fix is to open holes up in the body to reduce the parachute effect.
@WoodiE could this also be used as a means to help an Amp MT also? I felt after today's extensive jumping that the truck was airing out nose up most of the time (maybe it is me behind the wheel), which I am not against but I am also traveling at speeds roughly 20 mph slower than the OP with their Torment. I may eventually want to get up to the 50 mph range but for now 30ish is fine for me currently. Just wondering if the holes will potentially help me with a different truck.

Hi all, I'm dealing with the same issue. My Torment is reaching 80km/h without body, once I try with the body on, it backflips All the time, even at half throttle. Already made holes everywhere, even cut the windshield but nothing seems to help.

Attachments

• 1551590754653286933393.jpg
    1551590754653286933393.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 12
I've experienced the same problem, I've also cut holes all over the body, it helps a little but still flips. I have learned to drive it to the ragged edge and try to keep it shiny side up. Some times it works and some times it doesn't. Stock body just likes to parachute?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back