Keep stripping rear link attachments

TormentRC

Hi everyone.

Ever since I changed how my ecx performs by modifying the cast creations brushless motor I have and re programming it to get more speed and popping wheelie. The rear link that attaches the wheel hub to the rear part of the rear shock tower has stripped 5 times.! I used both hole adjustment and stripped both.

Does anyone think I should upgrade to an aluminium rear shock tower and fine thread screws? Cause one side holds but the other keeps stripping every time I do high speed turns or crash. And yes I used threadlock a few times

i used longer, fine thread screws. Also, I read super-glue will work as a threadlocker if you don't have a threadlocker especially formulated for plastic. A slightly larger screw may also do the job.

Can you just run a longer screw and put a nut on the other side? I’ve done that on other cars. Otherwise, it might be time to replace the whole tower.

Hi everyone.

Ever since I changed how my ecx performs by modifying the cast creations brushless motor I have and re programming it to get more speed and popping wheelie. The rear link that attaches the wheel hub to the rear part of the rear shock tower has stripped 5 times.! I used both hole adjustment and stripped both.

Does anyone think I should upgrade to an aluminium rear shock tower and fine thread screws? Cause one side holds but the other keeps stripping every time I do high speed turns or crash. And yes I used threadlock a few times
A lot of threadlockers will attack a lot of different plastics. Not all plastics, but enough for thread lock manufacturers to put warnings in the instructions for use.

Once it's stripped once that's it time to replace the shock tower and as others said use a fine thread screw.

Latest posts

Members online

Back