Let's see those custom bodies!

wolfzr2

Always like seeing what custom bodies folks end up using.

On my 1/10th Ruckus, I wanted something different. Wound up getting the HPI 200mm 69 Camaro for the Sprint 2. Had to cut the fenders quite a bit, raise the body mounts as high as they would go, and hope for the best. My body cutting skills leave a lot to be desired, but I'm very happy with the end result...

eBysPqs.jpg

That looks great! I've been debating trying Vaterra's 67 mustang body. Seeing yours pushes me a little further. I am worried though that I would have to cut the fenders too much.

This is the body I'm talking about:

upload_2016-5-10_10-31-46.png

Just gonna revive this oldish thread...
X be aware that those Vaterra bodies are flimsy as fcuk. My father in law has the 69 Camaro RS and especially around the grill and lights where there are a lot of folds and bends are a tonne of weak points.

I was thinking of Pro lines 50's chevy and try my best to get it to fit (may need to increase the height)

Just gonna revive this oldish thread...
X be aware that those Vaterra bodies are flimsy as fcuk. My father in law has the 69 Camaro RS and especially around the grill and lights where there are a lot of folds and bends are a tonne of weak points.

Thanks for the heads up on that. It's too bad, Vaterra has some great looking bodies.

I agree - they look killer, but i think the trade off with them being so close to the actually shape is the weak points in those areas. The front spoiler was the first to go and we were really surprised at how little it took to rip the plastic. Maybe HPI has slightly thicker bodies?

I heard of people reinforcing their bodies with fiberglass mesh tape and shoe goo, but I don't know how practical this is for areas like the front bumper crease.

I heard of people reinforcing their bodies with fiberglass mesh tape and shoe goo, but I don't know how practical this is for areas like the front bumper crease.

Shoe goo works quite well for reinforcing thin areas of the body. It also does well for "fixing" cracks or other small damage.

Latest posts

Members online

Back