LiPo for our Circuit

below

Hello,

we have an ECX Circuit 2WD (ECX03030T1) with NiMh batteries and i am thinking of switching to a 2S LiPo.

Referring to the manual, the Circuit is able to use LiPo's.
"Pre-installed Dynamite® waterproof & LiPo compatible Tazer™ 15T ESC (For use with 2S LiPo batteries when in LiPo Mode)"

Do i need an additional LiPo Warner?

Hello,

we have an ECX Circuit 2WD (ECX03030T1) with NiMH batteries and i am thinking of switching to a 2S LiPo.

Referring to the manual, the Circuit is able to use LiPo's.
"Pre-installed Dynamite® waterproof & LiPo compatible Tazer™ 15T ESC (For use with 2S LiPo batteries when in LiPo Mode)"

Do i need an additional LiPo Warner?
Yes I would recommend getting a lipo alarm or cut off.

Here is one
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Dynamite-Li-P...ltage-Cutoff-DYN4070-/192095431715?nav=SEARCH

I apologize, but you DO NOT need an additional LiPo LVC alarm with that Dynamite ESC. It has a couple of jumpers on it that allow you to change Forward/Reverse/Brake settings and enable/disable low voltage cutoff. If you completely remove the jumper, the ESC will default to LiPo-compatible LVC mode.

If you have questions, look for the part number on the ESC itself and look it up on HorizonHobby.com.

I don't know what the low voltage cutoff is on that ESC in lipo mode. My alarm always beeps some time before my goolrc and unbranded eBay ESCs go into limp mode. So you don't need one but undoubtedly some people like their cutoff voltage higher and still use an alarm, probably one with a readout.

Thanks xlDooM, i have ordered an additional LiPo warner. I don`t want to risk a damage to the LiPo and the warner was only about 5€

You'll notice a distinct drop in performance when the LiPo approaches the suitable cutoff. There won't be much danger of dangerously depleting the battery because the car will just lack punch and become too boring to drive any longer!

Latest posts

Members online

Back