Lo volt cutoff Gool RC program card

Savara

Hi all. Ok, my program card arrived for my goolRC brushless setup, this one: -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GoolRC-3...625399&hash=item1a4d2cbaf6:g:nDkAAOSwiYlaHpZm

Card: -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GoolRC-S...a0b:g:XsYAAOSwawtbawfo:rk:1??1&frcectupt=true

My question is, as I've programmed it to 3.1V cutoff, I wondered how the ESC knows I'm down to 3.1V per cell? There is nowhere for the balance plug to connect to??? Or does the ESC detect that my packs are 2C so cutoff at 6.2V??? Baffled...

... does the ESC detect that my packs are 2C so cutoff at 6.2V??? Baffled...
Bingo (y). Yes, the ESC reads/"looks at"/senses the combined voltage of the cells.

Also note, that LVC (low voltage cutoff) is under load. I've had a few different speed controls that would trigger LVC at different voltages, but they were all set to the same LVC setting. One low budget ESC would trip the low voltage cutoff too early @ somewhere around 7.1v (using a 2S pack). That particular speed control I would set the LVC setting at 3v/cell to have it trip at 3.4v/cell.

Usually, I set my LVC to 3.4v/cell so that when my LiPo packs sit for a couple of minutes, they're are at, or very close to storage voltage. This way, before I put my packs away for the night, it takes very little time to balance the cells to storage voltage.

Last edited:
Awesome. I've heard about the 3.4V near storage voltage thing, makes sense. My program card only does 3.1V as a maximum so guess I'll have to go with that!

So, it's a different card than the picture? Because the picture of the card (in the auction) shows a 3.3V setting.

I apologize, I went off the listings, pictures and info.

You could use that to argue a refund, I don't know how badly you need the 3.3V setting, or the refund, but they did falsely advertise it with that setting.

True. Will just go with 3.1 and storage charge them after running

True. Will just go with 3.1 and storage charge them after running

Just be careful if you use that. Running it below 3V can be damaging. So make sure you stop using that battery as soon as the LVC initiates. Since it likely will go after a large draw, that should leave your battery sitting a couple tenths higher. Then, as you said, storage charge back to 3.7-3.8V.

Nope - despite what the Ebay listing might say, the actual card is 3.1, 2.9, 2.7 and 0v

That's what my card has also

XX74UzC.jpg

Yep, same card. In any case, it didn't work! Ran the buggy till I noticed a distinct lack of power. Put the lipo on my battery meter and I'm down to 5.5V on a 2S - not good! Guess I'll have to get a plug-in LiPo alarm. I know you can damage lipos by allowing the voltage to drop too low but are talking repeated abuse or just a one-off?

Off topic, and I apologize for hijacking the thread. What does the "Start modes" strength pertain too? my card "the white version" has the same setting.

My guess is that refers to Punch settings. How fast the throttle initially comes on.

Members online

Back