Meshing gears when replacing motor ecx torment 4wd

Dowhat

I’m new to RC cars. Quickly burned up the stock motor. How do I space the gears when replacing the motor? I’ve read about using the paper trick on the gears. Do i have to pull out the entire transmission and motor assembly? Looking at the exploded diagram I don’t even see how that’s possible. The plate that holds the motor in place is off set and rotating that seems to move the gears in and out of sync. I’ve got it pretty tightly meshed where if I feed a strip of paper in it chews it up pretty good. Running the motor at slow to high speeds while holding it in the air doesn’t produce any grinding or other unusual noise. Is there any way I can tell if I’m good to go?

Thank you.

You should be able to rock the spur gear back and forth just a "tic", and that's it. Definitely don't want gears tight up against each other. Sometimes spur gears will be off center and you'll have to compensate for that. I check gear mesh in about three spots of the spur gear.

You should be able to rock the spur gear back and forth just a "tic", and that's it. Definitely don't want gears tight up against each other. Sometimes spur gears will be off center and you'll have to compensate for that. I check gear mesh in about three spots of the spur gear.
Thanks for the reply. I ran a 5000mah battery through it. I don’t see any visible wear on the gears. (Yet)

Take a piece of paper, double it up, and mesh it between your gears. Tighten screws down and check it with the eye. You do not want too much movement, and you do not want it too tight either.

Latest posts

Members online

Back