Modding my 1/18 Temper

Gtruj

Hey guys!

I am new to the crawling world but not to the hobby as I've owned few traxxas for several years and only did bashing, I started off with buying Temper few weeks ago as its fairly good deal and I can have a good start with it! I have read through many threads and decided what path I wanted to go with this rig. I want it to be competitive but still can be used for fun anytime anywhere including inside my home.

Since I got it fairly used (managed to get it for $65 which led me buying it instead of new one), it came with 2s lipo (the prev. owner installed deans connector) and trimmed body shell. That's all for the mods that I can find.

But now what I have done to my rig so far:
  • Switched the battery tray around and relocated the ESC to under the tray to help with COG
  • Reversed the motor/trans plate
  • Added some O-rings to the shocks to increase the preload so the TT will be lessened, dang this rig has some serious TT!
  • Also cut few coils from the springs to lower the rig, but pretty soon I'll be buying 60 or 70mm stiffer springs so it lowers and helps with the TT
  • And added spacers all around to limit the shock travel
  • Trimmed down the tray to fit the battery
  • Upgraded the tires/wheels to Axial Wildpeak Falken 1.9 and stock axial wheels that it came with (came off the trail honcho rig).
  • Added 8mm wheel wideners (not sure if I should have gotten 12mm instead but it still works)
  • Added around 1 and half oz of weights in front and half oz in rear, still tuning the weights.
  • removed the rear bumper and made a custom simple sheet metal skidplate for more clearance
That's all so far!

Since I upgraded the tires, the TT came back pretty good (not sure exactly why) so working on that currently. My next step is to get smaller and stiffer springs to lower it even more and lessen the TT. I'm possibly replacing the foams that came with the axial tires with stock ecx foams, hoping itll help soften up the tires.

I eventually want to upgrade to new hobbywing 1080 esc and tazer 280 motor, but that's way later on, have to go through the wifey first ?

Let me know if you have any questions or advices for me, shoot away!! I will post pics of my rig when I can!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back