My Amp upgrade log

All good, I'm currently milking my Amp for all it's worth. 4000 kv on a 2 cell lipo. Pretty sure it would be undrivable with a 3 cell. I do have it much more in control by loosening the slipper clutch. I'm still infatuated with racing it in the 2 wheel drive class and have managed to place 2nd, but there's still work to be done. I agree with keeping the plastic suspension arms as I have already ripped a plastic rear out of the rear suspension mount. Got through the day with a big zip tie and then tapped a hole for a new screw to lock the suspension arm pin in place. It has held so far. The rear of these trucks are vulnerable with the rear weight bias.

Are you racing Novice? I converted my AMP to a Circuit with the intent to race in the Stadium Truck class at my local indoor track. 13.5t motor. It's been fun and occasionally frustrating. My next adjustment will be to pack the differential with 30,000cSt grease to help control traction in turns (now, the inside rear wheel will sometimes lift in a hard/high speed turn and start to spin, causing the car to jerk forward (and out of control) when it touches back down.

Are you racing Novice? I converted my AMP to a Circuit with the intent to race in the Stadium Truck class at my local indoor track. 13.5t motor. It's been fun and occasionally frustrating. My next adjustment will be to pack the differential with 30,000cSt grease to help control traction in turns (now, the inside rear wheel will sometimes lift in a hard/high speed turn and start to spin, causing the car to jerk forward (and out of control) when it touches back down.
Our track is mostly for fun. There are currently only 2 classes being 2 wheel drive and 4x4. There's also a kids group for 12 and under. The only regulation is a 2 cell lipo max. 3 qualifying laps for start placement and then a grueling 15 lap race. It's a hard track to tune for. Loose gravel, lot's of bumps and then a monster table top, so running loose suspension only breaks stuff. I've been fighting torque, burn outs and wheelies. Multiple shock adjustments, multiple gearing adjustments, and finding the right tire has been challenging fun. I think I finally have it in a place I'm comfortable with. Gearing down and running a loose slipper has been the best improvement.

Our track is mostly for fun. There are currently only 2 classes being 2 wheel drive and 4x4. There's also a kids group for 12 and under. The only regulation is a 2 cell LiPo max. 3 qualifying laps for start placement and then a grueling 15 lap race. It's a hard track to tune for. Loose gravel, lot's of bumps and then a monster table top, so running loose suspension only breaks stuff. I've been fighting torque, burn outs and wheelies. Multiple shock adjustments, multiple gearing adjustments, and finding the right tire has been challenging fun. I think I finally have it in a place I'm comfortable with. Gearing down and running a loose slipper has been the best improvement.
I repacked my diff with valvoline high temp bearing grease. It does help with "diffing out" coming out of the corners.

The truck is still running strong. I've added Traxxas camber links and running-2 camber. That has helped with cornering traction. I completely wore the front end out while experimenting with light springs and 20 weight oil. It was too bouncy. I had to replace the front a arm mount. Settled with silver associated front and rear springs. 20 weight in the front and 30 in the back. 15000 weight silicone oil in the diff was too much for a loose dirt track. It ran like it had positive traction and the rear end would kick sideways under throttle. Gonna try 7000 next rebuild. I did break down and order hot racing metal axles. Mine haven't broken yet, but they are all twisted and limit rear shock travel. I didn't want to finally break one in a race. It's likely a better basher than a racer, but it's making me a better driver and I'm learning a lot about tuning.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back