Need help or advice

Pw1978

Just picked up a helion invictus 10MT and it needs a spur gear and I can’t find any here in the states can anyone help me out and tell me where I could find one or something that will work in it’s place and I have attached a pic from the owners manual and I have a optional part number from the book to and it’s hlna0061

Attachments

• FBD26643-16B3-436C-B8FE-3FCA881A888C.png
    FBD26643-16B3-436C-B8FE-3FCA881A888C.png
    213.7 KB · Views: 3
Do you know what might work in its place I’ve racked my brain and searched the internet for a alternative and no luck

Do you know what might work in its place I’ve racked my brain and searched the internet for a alternative and no luck

In the manual I found it looks like there is no slipper it’s a full lockout, so you just need a 32 pitch spur and then drill it to fit that hub. Something 56-48T and then just pinion it to effect

Help me decide on this product: Traxxas 6842 0.8 Metric Pitch Spur Gear, 50T https://a.co/d/gdmkv35

See if that link works. How I would attack the problem is buy something like this Traxxas 50T spur. Mod 0.8 and 32pitch are interchangeable. Amain specifies your stock spur as 32p. See if the center bore of this Traxxas spur will fit over that 4 bolt spur hub you have. If it’s too small drill it out. Then line up one of the 3 spur bolt holes with one of the 4 bolt holes on the hub and bolt it. Spin the assembly and see if the hub is centered on the spur. If it is, drill and bolt the other 3. Put it in and test it. If it works, buy the metal aftermarket replacement for that spur and repeat.

It would have been easier if there was a 4 bolt spur gear to try but most of them are 3 or 6. You actually luck out that it’s a locked spur setup and not a slipper because then you don’t have clutch pads and plates and all that to deal with. It seems like the manufacturer was thinking about it at some point because of the hexagon recess in that spur like a team associated or axial hex clutch pad

This team associated spur has an 8 bolt outer pattern you may want to try. If it lines up with your 4 bolts super lucky. If not, I wouldn’t be comfortable drilling into that, not a lot of material to work with

Help me decide on this product: Team Associated 7663 66T 32P GT Spur Gear https://a.co/d/5uUKnxa

In the manual I found it looks like there is no slipper it’s a full lockout, so you just need a 32 pitch spur and then drill it to fit that hub. Something 56-48T and then just pinion it to effect

Help me decide on this product: Traxxas 6842 0.8 Metric Pitch Spur Gear, 50T https://a.co/d/gdmkv35

See if that link works. How I would attack the problem is buy something like this Traxxas 50T spur. Mod 0.8 and 32pitch are interchangeable. Amain specifies your stock spur as 32p. See if the center bore of this Traxxas spur will fit over that 4 bolt spur hub you have. If it’s too small drill it out. Then line up one of the 3 spur bolt holes with one of the 4 bolt holes on the hub and bolt it. Spin the assembly and see if the hub is centered on the spur. If it is, drill and bolt the other 3. Put it in and test it. If it works, buy the metal aftermarket replacement for that spur and repeat.

It would have been easier if there was a 4 bolt spur gear to try but most of them are 3 or 6. You actually luck out that it’s a locked spur setup and not a slipper because then you don’t have clutch pads and plates and all that to deal with. It seems like the manufacturer was thinking about it at some point because of the hexagon recess in that spur like a team associated or axial hex clutch pad

This team associated spur has an 8 bolt outer pattern you may want to try. If it lines up with your 4 bolts super lucky. If not, I wouldn’t be comfortable drilling into that, not a lot of material to work with

Help me decide on this product: Team Associated 7663 66T 32P GT Spur Gear https://a.co/d/5uUKnxa
Ok thanks! I will go look at the links and go from there really do appreciate the help

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back