Need help repairing my ECX 1/10 Torment 2WD

RonBurgandy

Hey guys, it's my first time posting here so hopefully I am not breakin any rules.

I got a Horizon ECX 1/10 Torment 2WD for Christmas today (it's my first RC car). I managed to get 10 minutes of driving in before I wrecked it. I hit a curb with one of my front wheels going full speed and managed to break off a steering linkage part.

After referencing the parts diagram in my manual, it seems as if I broke a part that's referred to as a "servo savor". I found the part in question online, and it seems to be a cheap fix.

My question is how to remove a screw from the skid plate so I can access the broken part. There is one screw that doesn't want to come out and only turns in place when I try to unscrew it. It seems to be holding all the steering links from the servo together (as Shown in the picture). Is there some sort of trick to getting this screw out? I don't want to strip it, as it's pretty hard to even get it to turn in its place.

I am posting from mobile, so let me know the picture isn't working! Thanks!

Here's the links to the pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/TKmNS

The post that the fastener threads into is likely spinning as well. You'll have to secure that post, prior to turning the screw. Really, if you aren't familiar with the vehicle, take it all the way apart and put it back together. It sounds intimidating but it really is fun and will familiarize you with the workings of your vehicle.

Ron, that is a common mishap when you hit a curb. I don't know how mechanical you are but there is away to prevent that breakage from happening again. This is my Torment with a different body, I installed a mod bashing bumper on the original bash bumper. It's 1/2" ID Drip System hose $ 1.99 for 2 2ft. As you can see from the photos the bottom hose is a little past the wheel base. You can cut the hose if it interferes with your steering. I use a PVC cutter, and cut at an angle as needed to clear the tires. I ran my truck at half throttle into the curb and it bounced straight back without any breakage as the the truck hit the mod bumper (hose) instead of the tires.

20180125_184122.jpg 20180125_184221.jpg 20180102_225639.jpg 20180102_175216.jpg

Check out T-bone racing, they make a really nice bumper. I eat curbs for lunch.

Also, did you take your cover off where your servo and receiver is located (that is the light grey piece, just in front of your battery). There is a nut on top that holds that screw you're referring too.

RPM makes some nice aftermarket parts too.

Also, did you take your cover off where your servo and receiver is located (that is the light grey piece, just in front of your battery). There is a nut on top that holds that screw you're referring too.

Checked out Tbone racing, nice bumpers but don't protect the front tires from accidental bashing the curb.

Checked out Tbone racing, nice bumpers but don't protect the front tires from accidental bashing the curb.

You will drive up over the curb. I would not want some extra hanging piece protruding out, that would slow you down on the approach of a face of the jump when bashing and having fun.
T bones bumpers have the slope/perfect angle to ride up over. Again, I have the bumper on my SCT, and I have proven it numerous times jumping over the curb. I eat curbs for lunch, hence I purposely hit curbs for fun.
Now if you are talking about a square curb, taller then your RC and not your typical rounded at the top curb, then you probably should find some where else to drive around.

Just checking in......my mistake. That is a double sided shoulder sleeve that two screws screw into. You will just break the top loose, and then break bottom loose. You kinda need to turn them out the same amount otherwise yes it just keeps spinning.
Otherwise, take top loose and then bottom loose by squeezing the light grey protective plastic cover with your finger to put pressure on that sleeve and screw should spin right out. Then finish talking top screw out.
You mine as well put the RPM servo saver in there right away too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back