New battery not taking a full charge

wizardwerx8

Hi, I bought a 4wd brushed ruckus a week ago. And the stock battery wont take a full charge. I'm currently using a traxxas ez-peak 4 amp quick charger. Charger and battery have been swapped to deans connectors. Did I kill my battery by using a fast charger instead of the stock charger?

Is this your stock battery? What settings did you use to charge it? What is the voltage on the pack currently? When you charge do any of the cells get warmer/ hotter than the others?

Assuming you charged properly there isn't a reason your charger would have damaged it. Though, if you charged at 4 amps.....you probably did damage. The stock battery should be charged at 1.8A, or close to that.

Picked up a venom lipo nimh ac sport balance charger today. Round 1 of charging was a success. Hopefully the traxxas ez peak was the problem not the battery. Also picked up a onyx 25c 4000mah lipo battery today. But didn't think about lvc or charge bag. How much run time can i get out the lipo I purchaced?

Picked up a venom LiPo NiMH ac sport balance charger today. Round 1 of charging was a success. Hopefully the traxxas ez peak was the problem not the battery. Also picked up a onyx 25c 4000mah LiPo battery today. But didn't think about lvc or charge bag. How much run time can i get out the LiPo I purchaced?

Depends on how you drive it. I'd assume somewhere between 30-45 minutes.

Yep, depends on the load on the battery. My Boost buggy easily exceeds 30 mins of runtime on a Venom 20C 4000mAh LiPo. And that's driving it hard (race conditions).

As for a LiPo charge bag... I wouldn't worry too much about the LiPo horror stories. Honestly, you probably have a greater chance of getting involved in an automobile crash than having your LiPo burst into flame.

That said, you should exercise due diligence when charging and discharging. Match the charging rate (number of cells, volts, and amps) to your battery pack. And match the battery to the car: don't put it in a car that will place too much of a load on the battery.

Lithium batteries are high-performance batteries and deserve a bit more respect. It also pays to arm yourself with some knowledge: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back