new circuit questions about braking (does this thing have a brake?)

newpotato

Hey guys

Just took my brand new (lockdown treat) Circuit (2wd with 1800mah LiPo) for its first spin and was amazed at how fast this thing is. Doing doughnuts on concrete!

I am wondering if anyone knows how braking is meant to work?

I've turned all the power settings right down for now (throttle 50-75% and even turned the throttle trim right down) while I'm learning.

I was wondering how this thing brakes? Is it meant to have any brakes? How are they supposed to engage?

Because when I'm heading straight for an obstacle it seems the only way to slow down is to engage reverse and spin the wheels backwards.... letting go of the trigger does nothing. I have to kind of push it forwards twice quickly which is kinda awkward.

is this correct?

It has an STX 2 tx, I had look around for any information but its not easy to get information for a noob like me :)

thanks in advance for any help :)

just to answer my own question... and i can see heaps of views on this post so someone must want to know. I've ran a few more packs through it and getting the hang of it now.

it seems the braking is very subtle, it is working and does slow the truck down, just nowhere near as much as real brakes would

What surface are you running on ? Slick surfaces will greatly decrease the break effectiveness. Also, you mentioned you were just letting go of the trigger to break. Below is what it should look like when you want to break. Forward throttle then reverse throttle all in one motion. As you said, you’re getting the hang of it, just keep practicing !

Attachments

• 979B8583-FDA5-4963-BC8B-F66077C44E99.jpeg
    979B8583-FDA5-4963-BC8B-F66077C44E99.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 53CA6505-C6AB-4F67-AC0B-55CE2212600C.jpeg
    53CA6505-C6AB-4F67-AC0B-55CE2212600C.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2
haha thanks yeah, i guess i just banged into quite a few things on my first go but getting the hang better now

its a mix of very smooth concrete (i get wheelspin easily with the stock tires) and grass (I'm trying to cut it really low, but I might have to look at some bigger tires to handle grass as it struggles a bit)

haha thanks yeah, i guess i just banged into quite a few things on my first go but getting the hang better now

its a mix of very smooth concrete (i get wheelspin easily with the stock tires) and grass (I'm trying to cut it really low, but I might have to look at some bigger tires to handle grass as it struggles a bit)
Did you get the rtr or kit version? Here’s mine. Just finished it yesterday

Attachments

• 10307CC2-CEBD-4653-B56B-EF15F0D384CD.jpeg
    10307CC2-CEBD-4653-B56B-EF15F0D384CD.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 5
4wd kit? nice!

I got the RTR 2wd as it was pretty much the cheapest hobby grade RC I could find in stock around here

Ordered a 5000mah pack and charger, ~10min run times are just not enough :)

4wd kit? nice!

I got the RTR 2wd as it was pretty much the cheapest hobby grade RC I could find in stock around here

2wd drive kit! Same one you have. (The circuit has faster motor and different body mounts but it’s the same besides that) The body is not painted though and everything is in pieces except for the shocks and tires.

4wd kit? nice!

And nice, I’m running a 4200 nimh and it’s pretty fast. I might try a lipo soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back