New motor and esc

Los

I want to get a really good motor and esc I can rely on for bashing flipping jumps esc. And a motor for speed tbh wanna go between 60 80 mph on the amp ik its prob alot but I love it haha so if u can point me in the right direction

FYI - i tried the Tazer Twin Combo with ESC built in. I upgraded all the gearing with metal transmission kit and got the 87 tooth steel spur/differential and transferred ceramic pads from stock spur gear. Works great. I will say that the switch on the ESC broke immediately after some bashing. Fortunately, it stuck with reverse being operational. Most important thing - any upgrade is going to exacerbate the handling issues. Main things - get the aluminum turn buckles for front and rear. Also, you will need to replace the steering system from the external servo gear out. i put a metal servo arm and the Hot Racing blue steering upgrade saver kit. In the end, the upgraded motor forced me to upgrade EVERYTHING else. So, be ready for that.

I also ended up doing the front and rear control arms, casters, steering hubs, shock towers and shocks themselves. So, after buying for 85$ on EBAY. I am 260$ into this truck with additional parts. Onto the AARMA Granite BLX 3S next. I have preordered.

oh and the stock servo couldn't handle the speed and impacts from big bumps now. I ended up upgrading the servo too with external metal gear (24T). Ended up getting the S6180. Has a little more torque which is needed with the extra umph from the brushless motor.

what I got so far any recommendations for parts or anything else is appreciated thanks

Attachments

• 20200828_114714.jpg
    20200828_114714.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 17
Cool. Very similar to mine. i got a lot of the hot racing parts too. I have the ECX upgraded aluminum shocks (not the HR) and have the HR aluminum rear shock tower for the Torment - was close enough. I just drilled new holes in AMP truck cover. Outside gets all beat to hell anyways!

Anywho - for parts, what i noticed was on certain bumps and jumps my plastic turnbuckles started popping off consistently after putting brushless motor in. I would order these - which eliminated that issue:

Front:
https://www.rcplanet.com/rc-parts/r...e-aluminum-72mm-front-turnbuckles-hraect5406/

Rear:
https://www.rcplanet.com/rc-parts/r...ue-aluminum-89mm-rear-turnbuckles-hraect5706/

They dont say AMP MT supported, but many of the Hot Racing parts only say Ruckus and Torment, but still work.

Los, i wouldn't use aluminum turn buckles as the bend real easy. You can use the Traxxas turn buckles on your Amp or you can get the steel links and caps and make your own. I tried the aluminum turn buckles on my Amp and in one day they were bent. Just remove your rear and front links and use them to size up the new turn buckles. Off hand i can't give you the Traxxas number of the turn buckles i use.

I also ended up doing the front and rear control arms, casters, steering hubs, shock towers and shocks themselves. So, after buying for 85$ on EBAY. I am 260$ into this truck with additional parts. Onto the AARMA Granite BLX 3S next. I have preordered.
Check out the Big Rock Crew Cab version. Matte black.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back