New steering servo making noise

cmilla0507

I just recently had to replace the stock steering servo in my Amp MT right at a year....understandable. I bought the Spektrum S6180 that was recommended by Horizon Hobby. The install was fine, but now I notice the servo is making a noise like it is trying to rotate when the truck is just sitting still. When the remote gets turned off, the noise stops. Anyone else have this issue? Is this normal? I know the original one didn't make this noise and had plastic gears, whereas the new one has metal gears and is waterproof.

Could be a few things. Some servos just buzz a lot. Could be the steering is binding, and is holding the servo slightly off center. I'd disconnect the servo horn, and make sure everything moves / pivots free. If the steering links are all smooth, then I would not worry about it.

A slight intermittent ticking/buzzing noise is perfectly normal behavior from a digital servo. I have a Savox 1251 and two Turnigy 1258s- they're all digital and all make that noise. However, if it's a constant, steady buzzing then something may be binding the servo or putting pressure on the arm.

Hi......I asked that same question a few days ago. Are your servos digital? Mine are new and they are digital. The concensus that I got was that it was normal and get used to the noise. One person even said that as they are digital servos, I should be concerned if they do not make noise. Well, that is what they told me on this site. I have one in my Riser that makes a buzzing sound all of the time. It works well and centers well but it is just noisy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back