New to ECX Brutus

dwblue00

Greetings and Happy Holidays! (y) First I just want to say that there's a wealth of info here! I have a new ECX Brutus coming....(fingers crossed that it shows up today) I really like the look of the truck and have wanted one for a while. Anyways, Ive been lurking around the forum to find out all about this platform. I seen that it has a few shortcomings so i decided to order up most of the upgrades i could get. Here's my upgrade list and are either already in my possession or on their way

RPM: Arms, C-hubs, Rear bearing carriers, and servo saver delete, and spur gear cover.
ECX: Aluminum shocks, metal trans gear set, extra plastic 93t, and 87t spur gear.
Hot racing: Clamping wheel hexes, steering blocks, metal 87t spur gear.
Servo: Powerhobby 209MG. (Yes I know its overkill, but its high voltage, steel gears, coreless motor, waterproof, and didn't cost $80-$100.)
Turnbuckles: Traxxas 3643, 3644, and 3645
ESC: Hobbywing 1080. (yes I know its a crawler esc. However, you can tune out the crawler settings and run it in a regular brushed vehicle. More on that below.👇)
Bearings: Fast Eddy 5x11x4 (For the RPM rear hubs)

From the videos Ive seen of this truck running with the stock 12T motor, it looks about scale 1:1. Not sure I want to do brushless just yet. If I do go brushless I can always stick the 1080 in 1 of my many other RCs. I decided to upgrade the ESC with a HW 1080 for the ability to make adjustments. (Sorry, I come from a racing background) It can run 2s and 3s, adjustable braking, drive frequency, waterproof, and a more robust selectable voltage BEC voltage 6.0v and 7.4 and higher 80A current output. Overkill? Maybe, but will be adjustable, reliable and tunable which the stock setup is lacking. I plan on running 2s lipo in this to start with so we'll see how it goes from there. With all that being said, I have questions.

1st: Has anyone used the universal battery strap......part #ECX1097? Is it worth getting?
2nd: Has anyone tried the Traxxas HD CV shaft TRA1951R?

Sorry, for the long post but I tried to make it short and sweet as possible. I'll be looking forward to your replies regarding my questions. I'll try to post pics if and when i can. Again, Happy Holidays to you and yours! 👍

dwblue00 sounds like it and looks like you have it all together.
Thanks Weave. I hope so. I received the truck and shocks today. I installed the new servo, ESC, shocks, machines pinion and turnbuckles. While I had it apart, I was also going threw my screws and started changing out the Philips head screws with Allen type head screws. Truck is about 50% converted. Now that the truck is back together and every has been adjusted it runs very well. Can't wait to put the rest of the parts on when they show up. Hopefully by then most of the slop in the steering will be eliminated. 👍👍

Members online

No members online now.
Back