New transmitter help

Mtnkube

Is there such a thing as a good responsive transmitter reciever around $70? Mine is sluggish on response

What are you using now? What esc and servo are you using? Have you used anything else to compare to what your using now? Looking for something to take to the track or just bashing?

Everything i have is stock. I don't really know much yet but I'm wanting to learn all I can. I'm going to try to upload some pictures. Starting off I just want to have fun trashing around and enjoying the hobby with my daughter. 20180721_060955.jpg 20180721_061155.jpg 20180721_061248.jpg

I’m sure it’s the servo I never liked the stock servos and I wouldn’t give anyone a reason to. They are slow and aren’t very durable depending on what size servo your vehicle takes, the JX 6113mg servo is great for racing and just messing around. I never had problems with mine and they have been in a few cringeworthy crashes but survived. Plenty of torque and speed for my thinking speed.

I bought mine for $27 US and there are other choices but stay away from the real cheap ones I got one for $11 and it fried in the first two weeks and was nothing but trouble till then it was the 20kg rated one and is a brushed cored motor so a lot of rotating mass and quick direction changes will cook it fast.
Ones that say coreless or brushless will almost certainly do good brushless is a bit more expensive but the standard cored ones are bad.

JX Servo PDI-6113MG 13KG High Torque Digital Coreless Standard 61g Servo
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LXN2KBL/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=A2Z9HS6BKVMYWD&psc=1

Make sure to check what size servo your vehicle takes

Last edited:
I’m sure it’s the servo I never liked the stock servos and I wouldn’t give anyone a reason to. They are slow and aren’t very durable depending on what size servo your vehicle takes, the JX 6113mg servo is great for racing and just messing around. I never had problems with mine and they have been in a few cringeworthy crashes but survived. Plenty of torque and speed for my thinking speed. I bought mine for $27 US and there are other choices but stay away from the real cheap ones I got one for $11 and it fried in the first two weeks and was nothing but trouble till then.
I’m sure it’s the servo I never liked the stock servos and I wouldn’t give anyone a reason to. They are slow and aren’t very durable depending on what size servo your vehicle takes, the JX 6113mg servo is great for racing and just messing around. I never had problems with mine and they have been in a few cringeworthy crashes but survived. Plenty of torque and speed for my thinking speed.

I bought mine for $27 US and there are other choices but stay away from the real cheap ones I got one for $11 and it fried in the first two weeks and was nothing but trouble till then it was the 20kg rated one and is a brushed cored motor so a lot of rotating mass and quick direction changes will cook it fast.
Ones that say coreless or brushless will almost certainly do good brushless is a bit more expensive but the standard cored ones are bad.

JX Servo PDI-6113MG 13KG High Torque Digital Coreless Standard 61g Servo
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LXN2KBL/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=A2Z9HS6BKVMYWD&psc=1

Make sure to check what size servo your vehicle takes

And what would you recommend for throttle response? Seems like there is a delay upon pulling trigger forward or reverse

How long is it. All my brushless systems have a delay to prevent shredding the drive train. And if I’m racing I never notice because I always apply throttle gradually to prevent spinning out.

Think what I'm talking about may be normal. Keep from causing damage. When I move the trigger to change direction it stops. I then have to move the trigger back to neutral then back to the new direction before it moves again

Yes that is normal. That is the esc feature that drove me crazy for the first—forever of driving and I noticed that a lot of escs are different and some programmable and I have noticed that drive train parts last a bit longer on escs that have a delay between forward and reverse

Latest posts

Members online

Back