New/Used Torment, worth it?

WithinU

Hi gang, I don't mean this post to be a bragging post, Ok Ok well maybe a little, but that is not my intent. Just sharing with you and welcome to any opinions.

I tend to cruise Ebay, on my breaks at work, just looking, and see what kind of deal I can snag, I lose probably 95% of them that I bid on.
I happened to win another Used Torment listing. Not that I needed another one, but what I could see in the pictures if I got it for the price I bid, then it was a good deal. So here it is, another 1/10 Torment, been modified a bit.
1)Fairly new rear metal big bore shocks.
2)Hot Racing rear axles
3)Dynamite 1/10 Tazer 4 Pole Brushless Motor (3300kV)
4)Tazer 60amp waterproof ESC
5) 4 @ Sky Lipo 5000mah 40c 2s Soft Packs
6)Thunder AC6 Smart LiPo Balance Charger/Discharger
7)the receiver and steering servo are different than the other Torments, not sure if they are good or not

I ran the truck just a bit to make sure there wasn't any major thing wrong. I did find an issue with the transmitter, they must have dropped it or something, the trigger is loose and you have to fiddle, push and prod the trigger to get reverse going.

I must say, this is a first for me, the damn thing does wheelies!!!!!!! Not like straight up uncontrollable wheelies, but front tires off the ground wheelies, I am impressed.

So I think I got a fairly good deal. At the end of the day all of this was $102 shipping included, shipping was $15 alone.
Funny, I can't get the pictures to post right side up, even after I saved them multible times.

20190705_130601.jpg20190705_130641.jpg20190705_130717.jpg20190705_130732.jpg20190705_130821.jpg20190705_131550.jpg20190705_131630.jpg

I broke it...…. the wheelies got the best of me, but man it was fast, barreled rolled and now it makes a horrible SCRAAAAAAAACK noise from the rear. *sigh*
This is way way faster than the GoolRC combo. And my stock 15t? brushed motor got way hot just running parking lot runs. *sigh*

Well I finally got more than a few minutes to look at the cars.
I thought I had broke the new/used torment.
Tazer Dynamite brushless combo. It started making a loud skraaasaack sound, and wouldn't move. I assumed the gears had stripped.

Nope, the left rear wheel nut worked loose or was loose when I got it. Partly my fault for not checking it.
But the wheel nut came loose and the aluminum hex's had a hay day with the hex in the plastic wheel.
Thankfully I have other sets of wheels and tires.

Attachments

• wheel hex.jpg
    wheel hex.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 7
Just an update, one of the Sky lipo's crapped out, the charger or cell monitor wouldn't even register anything.
So I threw it on a makeshift light I had from back in the day, and nothing. So I binned it.
Proper disposal?

BTW the ZEEE Lipo hardcases are rock solid so far.

Wore out wheels due to loose wheel nuts, throw them in the front.

I always recommend aluminum wheel hexes with upgraded wheel nuts. If still using nylon wheel nuts, then use small amount of blue locktite.

Latest posts

Members online

Back