New wheels (not tires) for AMP DB?

ERock

The stock AMP wheels and tires are working great on our grass track. On rainy days my son and I travel to a clay track and I was looking to use Pro-Line Holeshot tires there. I like the look of the black wheels and I'd like to stick with black. Any specific advice on (tire-less) black wheels that will work with the AMP DB?

The stock AMP wheels and tires are working great on our grass track. On rainy days my son and I travel to a clay track and I was looking to use Pro-Line Holeshot tires there. I like the look of the black wheels and I'd like to stick with black. Any specific advice on (tire-less) black wheels that will work with the AMP DB?
Any 1/10TH scale buggy wheel with a 12MM hex will work on it. You can get them from A-Main, Tower, eBay, Amazon, as well as other places. Best bet is to look at the wheels that the decent companies are using (Associated, Losi, Tekno, Schumacher, as well as other brand names), and see what is available that you like from them. Avoid the cheap chinese wheels on eBay and Amazon though. They break too easy. Even the DE Racing ones on eBay are decent, but, make sure what size wheels you need for the tires you are looking at. You might even be able to use Traxxas Rustler wheels, but, check the specs first. Traxxas Bandit wheels wont work, because they use pins and not hexes though.

EDIT: Arrma Typhon wheels will only work if you swap to either the 14MM or 17MM hexes, depending on which wheel you choose.

Thanks for the suggestions! A-Main and Tower had a particularly good interface allowing for scale, hex size and color filtering. Picked up a set of Avid 12mm Hex 2.2" wheels in black.

There are two different types of DE Speedline front tires: B6/RB6 and B74. I wonder (just curious) if either of those is better suited to the AMP Desert Buggy?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back