New

Malley

New to the RC world. I bought my son an ECX AMT MT and the servo quit working after he was running it for a while. Case heated up and motor quit. I picked up a 25 kg from the local hobby store after installing and getting everything set up I could not use the arm that was supplied as it was to long and hit on the body of the vehicle. I installed the original arm and bench tested all steering works as it should. When he starts to give it throttle the steering is intermittent and stays turned when returning to centre or won’t turn at all. If you run it very slowly works as it should. Any thoughts on what has gone wrong?

Thanks that was my thought as well. It’s the stock battery so I am thinking even though it’s charged once a load is put onto the battery it’s dying out and not turning or staying turned

Thanks that was my thought as well. It’s the stock battery so I am thinking even though it’s charged once a load is put onto the battery it’s dying out and not turning or staying turned
Could definitely be the battery! I found the stock one to be awfully weak.

Do you have any other batteries you can try it with? If not, you should bring it to your hobby shop and ask if they have one you could use for testing.

I was having steering issues as well, and it turned out my ESC was bad. However, I had been running a 2s Lipo 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Malley, sounds like you might have a bad or weak servo saver. Servo Savers are basically servo horns or arms that are designed to take the brunt of a large jolt so that your servo geartrain does not strip out. They have a U-shaped spring inside that takes the shock. We highly recommend them for any servo that repeatedly takes a beating! The stock servo saver on the Amp Mt are not the best. If you are an expert at controlling your RC vehicle and don't do bashing, then you really don't need a servo saver, your RC vehicle will steer 100% better and travel strighter without one. However, if you wish to be safe, which is a good thing, they make better servo savers for your Amp. The one on your Amp is pictured below. Ther are better ones out there, like RPM, Hot Racing just to name a few. Also, when you install a new servo, make sure you time it so it will go in a stright line. Once installed, attach the horn, plug in the servo to the receiver and turn on the vehicle and see where the horn is positioned. If its off to the left or right pull the horn off and re-position it so it straight forward. Make the necessary attachments to the horn and screw onto the servo. Hope this info helps.
HAPPY RC'ING!

Attachments

• 51enNMzvpDL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
    51enNMzvpDL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back