Offroad Amp beast

Jeb

IMG_3506.PNG IMG_3513.JPG IMG_3514.JPG IMG_3515.JPG Been modifying and racing this truck since February. Went through a ton of parts, but this little baby taught me a lot. No need to make it any faster for off-road purposes. Ran a speed test this evening on gravel. Here's a few pics.

How does your Amp fair in races compared to the other stadium trucks out there?
I've won a couple and have been in the top 3 for the last couple weeks. Higher end race trucks are definitely better suited mostly for their lower center of gravity. I'm committed to finishing the season with this truck. I tweak something different almost every week. This truck has taught me a ton about race tuning and I have a blast. People are amazed when they walk up and ask what I'm running and I tell them it's an ECX Amp. It's made me a much better driver.

I picked up a Lipo Circuit that I plan on racing. I'm really not sure what the race scene here is like, though. I think there are a lot of Associated trucks.

But I'm not really worried. I just want to go out and race to have fun.

I picked up a LiPo Circuit that I plan on racing. I'm really not sure what the race scene here is like, though. I think there are a lot of Associated trucks.

But I'm not really worried. I just want to go out and race to have fun.

It's totally fun regardless of how you place. I've come in last a bunch. I've broken my truck, ran down and snapped it back together and continued racing. Not gonna lie, it feels good to win, but that's not why most of us are out there. We have a blast doing it. The circuit shares the same chassis as the Amp. We're picking up a used one this weekend just so my son can bring a buddy to the track.

Nice AMP! what shocks and drive shafts are you using???
Still stock shocks, but I use associated t4 spring sets. They give the truck a slightly lower ride height. I had hot racing driveshafts on it, but took them off and rolled the dice with another set of stock plastic. I had too high a gearing and the HR driveshafts were out of ballance under throttle causing a weird vibration and binding in the transmission. It was even causing the motor and esc to run hot. I took them off and it went away.
Since then I dropped my pinion back to a 19 t and turned my punch down to 1. I also took 20% of throttle off the beginning of the trigger and moved it to the back with the exponential adjustment. Racing is all about keeping your truck in control. Mine was popping wheelies and shooting sideways every time I got on the throttle. It was cool for bashing, but worthless on the track. My son put the hot racing axles on his truck after breaking his when he graduated to brushless. It seems fine for him. His throttle is turned down to 60% with the 4000 kv and his truck still flys.

Cool! I have an Amp as well with a castle sv3 5700 setup but I am getting wheel wobble(hexes are tight). Even when stopped I can wobble the rear wheels. Does anyone know how to fix this????

I am assuming that the hot racing ect2206 will do it? Or the rpm73572??? Or I might be completely wrong

Cool! I have an Amp as well with a castle sv3 5700 setup but I am getting wheel wobble(hexes are tight). Even when stopped I can wobble the rear wheels. Does anyone know how to fix this????
Check the wheel bearings, they don't last long with that much motor. You can tighten up the camber links if it's not the bearings. I played with adding washers, but it didn't help much. Rpm makes a rear hub that allows you to use a bigger bearing. I think that would help the most.

Hey Guys, Quick question, I have a Castle Creations Sidewinder 3 Waterproof ESC with Motor (NC1406-5700KV) In my AMP and its so fast I can't even keep it on the road. its got to be going over 60 if I can ever open it all the way up. Real slow trigger pull and It disappears hah! And way to "slow" it down so I can get some control? Never thought I would ask to slow down!

Hey Guys, Quick question, I have a Castle Creations Sidewinder 3 Waterproof ESC with Motor (NC1406-5700KV) In my AMP and its so fast I can't even keep it on the road. its got to be going over 60 if I can ever open it all the way up. Real slow trigger pull and It disappears hah! And way to "slow" it down so I can get some control? Never thought I would ask to slow down!
Start with turning the punch down on the esc. You can also turn the throttle end point or dual rate of the throttle down on the remote. I turn my dual rate down to 75% when I'm racing on a dry track. It's fun to open it up when there's room, but it's useless on the track.

Start with turning the punch down on the ESC. You can also turn the throttle end point or dual rate of the throttle down on the remote. I turn my dual rate down to 75% when I'm racing on a dry track. It's fun to open it up when there's room, but it's useless on the track.
Yeah If I gun it it just flips over!!! haha But If you slowly squeeze it on a long open road...Holy Hell!

Yeah If I gun it it just flips over!!! haha But If you slowly squeeze it on a long open road...Holy Hell!
I don't know what radio you're running, but I can also adjust the exponential of the throttle. I put it at -25% on the throttle (channel 2). That takes some speed out of the beginning of the trigger and puts it at the end with a full squeeze. Fun stuff!

What?!? how do you get 60?? have you switched out the gearing or are you just running a 3s lipo? I have stock gearing and I can get up to 35 on 2S

View attachment 2427 View attachment 2428 View attachment 2429 View attachment 2430 Been modifying and racing this truck since February. Went through a ton of parts, but this little baby taught me a lot. No need to make it any faster for off-road purposes. Ran a speed test this evening on gravel. Here's a few pics.
Oh wow! Nice man! What battery you doing? Is it a kinexis motor? Which ESC are you using? It looks so cool though especially with the custom body, you made it yourself, right? I just got a ECX amp I'm new around here, imagine years later, that AMP is gonna be upgraded so much

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back