Pinion - Advice

Scrapz

I have a slightly modified MT. I installed a new HR 81T Spur Gear, a new 26T Pinion gear, a Dynamite 4000kv brushless motor, new ESC and a new radio. The slipper is not very tight.

The car is running very well but I seem to be killing the pinion gear very often. Even when it is metal it seems to get ripped up after a few runs. As far as I can tell, It seems to be fitted very well. I am using a piece of paper.

Any suggestions? Is there a better pinion that I should be using? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thank you!!!

check out Robinson racing pinion gears they make all types. If you are having problems with the pinion on the motor try getting one of their extra hardened steal gears.

If you move to 32 pitch gears there is a lot more “meat” in the gear. It was the best thing I ever did. And you don’t have to be so precise on the mesh either.

Make sure you are using the right pitch of gear. Also there is a metric and standard version of each pitch. I learned that the hard way after a few pinions...

Order from Robertson Racing and you cant go wrong. I've order some cheapo pinions and they were the other version of the same pitch.

Members online

No members online now.
Back