PINION GEAR PROBLEMS!!!!

TrueRcBoy

I have an ECX Ruckus With full metal transmission metal spur gear and a 4000kv brushless Onyx motor. I have some metal hex's coming in because my plastic ones melted. Its heavily modded and almost indestructible under its own power. The only problem is my Pinon gear is striped and I need help figuring out what to get because this one was no good. I need to find help on what Brand, Teeth, and material to get SOOOO Please help me out so I can continue bashing.

I have an ECX Ruckus With full metal transmission metal spur gear and a 4000kv brushless Onyx motor. I have some metal hex's coming in because my plastic ones melted. Its heavily modded and almost indestructible under its own power. The only problem is my Pinon gear is striped and I need help figuring out what to get because this one was no good. I need to find help on what Brand, Teeth, and material to get SOOOO Please help me out so I can continue bashing.
Robinson Racing super hard Absolute steel 48p pinions, I can't remember what size the stock one is maybe 17t http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/one_eight_inch_bore_pinions.html#absolute48

It comes stock with a 17T but it was to small so i upgraded to a 24T and its fast but the quality of the gear was garbage it was soft aluminm so it wouldnt take a beating

you can run the robinson racing pinions on the stock 87 spur if you have the mesh set right and you've got the ESC set up right. what tire height now and what are your temps on the 24t?

Im sorry idk what temps are and i have full metal transmission with metal spur gear and tier hight is 5inch and width is 2 3/4
You should get an ir temp gun so you can monitor motor, esc, and battery temps. Something like this will work: https://www.amazon.com/GoolRC-Thermometer-Temperature-Non-Contact-Backlight/dp/B09FJRCC6X You can get them cheap at Harbor Freight, Walmart, Amazon, eBay, and many other places. As for the pinion, like mentioned above, since you have a steel spur, you should get a steel pinion. Brass or aluminum are too soft against a steel spur.

yeah that's what i was thinking to because the steel spur cut into the pinion like butter

150-160 degrees F is a decent temp. Anything over that means that the motor is running hot, and, if it runs hot too often, it wont last long. Same for the ESC.

Latest posts

Members online

Back